KSP Challenge: Cheap shuttle to Minmus

Challenge: Make a shuttle that can fly to Minmus with a budget of 5000.

Level 1: Achieve the goal with mods (With reasonable part costs)

Level 2: Achieve the goal in the vanilla game.

Level 3: Do it with SRBs

25 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

I already saw that.
I mean this challenge.
Shuttle for 5000 at the Minmus.
I tried I can’t do it.
Game Version - 1.7.3

There is a <5000 funds craft landing to duna and returning in there. Obviously the same craft could easily go to minmus and back...

1 hour ago, tseitsei89 said:

There is a <5000 funds craft landing to duna and returning in there. Obviously the same craft could easily go to minmus and back...

And in what version of the game did he do it?
Did he do it on the shuttle?
I'm talking about a shuttle for 5000
and the latest version of the game.

1 hour ago, BezKartuza said:

Well OP has not even replied what he meant by the word "shuttle". What makes craft a shuttle? If we don't have properly defined rules we can't know what to do. But yeah I can make a craft that costs less than 5000 funds, goes to minmus and returns safely to kerbin.

1 hour ago, tseitsei89 said:

Well OP has not even replied what he meant by the word "shuttle". What makes craft a shuttle? If we don't have properly defined rules we can't know what to do. But yeah I can make a craft that costs less than 5000 funds, goes to minmus and returns safely to kerbin.

The shuttle, as I understand it, should have wings at least. Or something similar to them :D

I assembled the device for less than 5000 and put it on the Minmus. And I think that without any problems I can return it to Kerbin. But he doesn't look like a shuttle at all :D

( Sorry for my bad english )

screenshot13.png

41 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

The shuttle, as I understand it, should have wings at least. Or something similar to them :D

Yes and that is exactly why we would need a proper definition of a shuttle from the OP.

Is spaceplane a shuttle? If I took your craft above and attached small wing strakes/fins on it, would that make it a shuttle even though it still doesn't look like a shuttle or fly like a shuttle.

15 minutes ago, tseitsei89 said:

Yes and that is exactly why we would need a proper definition of a shuttle from the OP.

Is spaceplane a shuttle? If I took your craft above and attached small wing strakes/fins on it, would that make it a shuttle even though it still doesn't look like a shuttle or fly like a shuttle.

In general, a shuttle similar to the American SLS for these pennies does not create :D

4 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

Speaking as 'that guy' I think it was in 1.6, but regardless can make a 4,116 funds return mission to Minmus of "a craft" in 1.7.3, but this, as with the previous Duna version, makes no attempt to make the craft STS-like in any way.

3 minutes ago, dnbattley said:

Speaking as 'that guy' I think it was in 1.6, but regardless can make a 4,116 funds return mission to Minmus of "a craft" in 1.7.3, but this, as with the previous Duna version, makes no attempt to make the craft STS-like in any way.

In general, as I did not fight, but nothing similar to a space shuttle for me for 5000 fails. I created a craft that does not look like a shuttle at all, but I attached 2 small stabilizers to it. I think this will be enough to recognize my device as a shuttle. :D

5 hours ago, dnbattley said:

@BezKartuza Great video! Particularly impressive title card: what did you use there?

"title card" - a video preview or an initial video splash screen?
(I am weak in English. I use google translator.)

I make a picture iwith the inscriptions myself in Photoshop. it's easy.
A video intro to me was made by a friend.
It seems to be in Adobe After Effects. I myself do not know how to use this program :)

Edited by BezKartuza

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.