Will ksp2 be modable to at least the same extend of ksp?

paul23

I've learned over the years to really really be skeptical of "new" versions. So far each and every game that has a sequel has turned out to be worse, chiefly because modding tools suddenly get reduced or completely removed. (rome total war vs rome 2, starcraft vs sc 2, diablo 2 vs diablo 3. Original unreal tournament vs later.)

So I can't get myself motivated and am actually considering this a terrible move, especially since I hear of "multiplayer": multiplayer is often a mod-killer.

So what is the official stance regarding modding?

What I'm curious about is the manner in which mods will be incorporated. Do you guys think we'll all still be using CKAN or manually placing/editing files to attach mods or will the process become more streamlined and user friendly. I know lots of people out there have multiple installs each with different sets of mods, just hoping there will be a way to set up modpacks and rotate them around without needing fresh installs and all the other hassle

15 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

What I'm curious about is the manner in which mods will be incorporated. Do you guys think we'll all still be using CKAN or manually placing/editing files to attach mods or will the process become more streamlined and user friendly. I know lots of people out there have multiple installs each with different sets of mods, just hoping there will be a way to set up modpacks and rotate them around without needing fresh installs and all the other hassle

Iirc, modding will be handled the same way. You drop in or drop out mods you want. Or someone will make CKAN 2. 

On 10/9/2019 at 12:47 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

i'm just really hoping it's gonna be possible to manually install mods. i've played ksp since 0.9 and i've never once even downloaded ckan--i don't even know what ckan looks like when using it.

3 hours ago, electricpants said:

i'm just really hoping it's gonna be possible to manually install mods. i've played ksp since 0.9 and i've never once even downloaded ckan--i don't even know what ckan looks like when using it.

Considering they have modability as one of the center points of the project, I don't think you have to worry about not be able to manually install mods.

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Considering they have modability as one of the center points of the project, I don't think you have to worry about not be able to manually install mods.

Well I do hope they do not require mods to be listed in a central repository and they're on a "paywall" basis. Like many games on playstation do.

56 minutes ago, paul23 said:

Well I do hope they do not require mods to be listed in a central repository and they're on a "paywall" basis. Like many games on playstation do.

PC wont have paywall. Mods will be here on the forums like always.

Xbox and PS4 will have paywall because that's how Sony and Microsoft works.