NPC base, buildings, abandoned rockets and shop.

cgw

Add in game random generated shop with parts, economy and currency. (i.e. trading). 
Good example is Empyrion - Galactic Survival, No'Man Sky, X Rebirth/X4 Foundation, 7days to die.

Abandoned various ships and buildings randomly generated.
So that they can be robbed and taken to their my base.
Good example is Empyrion - Galactic Survival, No'Man Sky, Astroneer, Space Enginers.

Because it's interesting.

Edited by cgw

39 minutes ago, cgw said:

Add in game random generated shop with parts, economy and currency. (i.e. trading). 
Good example is Empyrion - Galactic Survival, No'Man Sky, X Rebirth/X4 Foundation, 7days to die.

Good example is Empyrion - Galactic Survival, No'Man Sky, Astroneer, Space Enginers.

Shops will have no point in KSP 2. KSP 2 is not an RPG space adventure game anyway. 

Abandoned space ships would actually be interesting, but stealing their parts? There's no point to that.

Also, you cant really compare KSP or KSP 2 to games like No Man's Sky, Astroneer, etc.

There is not a single game that is like KSP or KSP 2, except for simple rockets. Ksp is a very unique space game about building rockets and exploring space in the lego rocket you built. KSP 1 and 2 are space simulation games, not space rpg adventures. 

Edited by GoldForest

33 minutes ago, cgw said:

I don't really support this idea because it's not what KSP or KSP2 was intended to be.

If I can be blunt, if this what KSP2 will be like, I wouldn't buy it.

1 hour ago, tseitsei89 said:

Abandoned buildings/wrecks could be interesting though

There are already rescue and salvage contracts, aren't there?

@cgw You haven't suggested weapons, companions and an invading alien species yet.  Then perhaps we should get rid of thiis complicated 'physics' stuff that makes it so hard.

Have you played Mass Effect?  It's rather good and sounds like you'd enjoy it.

2 hours ago, cgw said:

This idea I can see being in the game along side of any Easter eggs. The rest doesn't fit with KSP game style.

1 hour ago, Pecan said:

You haven't suggested weapons, companions and an invading alien species yet.  Then perhaps we should get rid of thiis complicated 'physics' stuff that makes it so hard.

I hate playing shooters. They weary me.
It’s bad that all the top games are shooters.
I'm glad that KSP is not a shooter, it is just a salvation and not a game.

1 hour ago, Pecan said:

Have you played Mass Effect?  It's rather good and sounds like you'd enjoy it.

I played it when it wasn’t (or wasn’t famous) such wonderful games of games as KSP, Minecraft(+mods), Empyrion - Galactic Survival.

54 minutes ago, tseitsei89 said:

Marauding is not really KSP style IMO

Marauding/Looting It is very interesting.
When you are not at the spaceport, everyone builds. You runs, collects the rocket from the garbage.
Survival seems wonderful to me.

6 hours ago, cgw said:

When you are not at the spaceport, everyone builds. You runs, collects the rocket from the garbage.

Ksp is not a survival RPG space adventure game.

7 hours ago, cgw said:

There was a mod that did that, but the development has stopped awhile ago. I doubt it will be revived for KSP2.

The current game rewards certain traits in players, and that is what makes it appealing to them. The game throws up challenges, and rewards planning and foresight.

Plundering wreckages and buying parts at outposts undermines that element. I can see how encountering a chance wreck could advance scientific research, but that’s as far as I think it should go.

Yeah what the others said. 

Star Theory have stated that they intend to make exploration more interesting, with more stuff to discover and presumably more tangible gameplay rewards about it. That's very cool. It requires more features on planets, and perhaps derelicts could be a part of that. 

A trade economy is right out though, KSP isn't and shouldn't be like any of the games you listed.