Resource display in the VAB

eightiesboi

Anyone have a good recommendation, OTHER THAN KER, for resource display in the VAB? If I want to know how much monoprop, or LF, or alkohol I have on board a vessel (not a part, but the entire vessel), is there anywhere in stock that provides me that info? Or, alternatively, a mod (again, other than KER), that provides just that info?

(I don't have a problem with KER, but since a lot of the information it provides in Flight is duplicated in Mechjeb, I am trying to live without it.)

Thanks!

4 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Anyone have a good recommendation, OTHER THAN KER, for resource display in the VAB? If I want to know how much monoprop, or LF, or alkohol I have on board a vessel (not a part, but the entire vessel), is there anywhere in stock that provides me that info? Or, alternatively, a mod (again, other than KER), that provides just that info?

(I don't have a problem with KER, but since a lot of the information it provides in Flight is duplicated in Mechjeb, I am trying to live without it.)

Thanks!

For EC, you can try Fusebox or Ampyear (Fusebox has a lower impact on the game)

Not sure about any of the others, although @Snark might have a small mod for this

@linuxgurugamer, I've been a fusebox devotee for a long time, and I just switched to ampyear for all my EC needs when I started this game. 

I was originally going to go for a completely stock playthrough, wanting to test how much things (mostly the provision of information) had improved since the early days. I've since added about 140 mods, including dependencies, but I'm still trying to keep from adding something unless there aren't any good options.

Thanks for the reply! :)

2 hours ago, AHHans said:

Hmmm... Nagging @SQUAD to implement one in stock? :cool:

Sorry, except KAC I don't use (m)any mods, so I can't actually help you here. (But also couldn't resist a snarky comment.)

Well, yes, but I'm trying to be subtle. :lol:

Edited by eightiesboi

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Snark might have a small mod for this

'Fraid not.  It's not a bad mod idea, and certainly the concept of something small / compact with minimal dependencies that could do this would be appealing to me... but implementing it would involve adding UI to the game, which is something I generally avoid (mainly due to not having the time or inclination to climb the necessary learning curve to do UI programming in Unity.)

36 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

@linuxgurugamer, I've been a fusebox devotee for a long time, and I just switched to ampyear for all my EC needs when I started this game

When I adopted Fusebox I fixed a major issue with overhead.  Ampyear was derived from Fusebox (look at the code), and while it does a lot  more, the bug is still in it even though I notified the author about it.  If you start having performance issues, i suggest that you look at Ampyear with an eye towards removing it and replacing it with Fusebox.  I added a couple of empty parts and a part module to Fusebux to allow it  to be a drop-in replacement for Ampyear

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When I adopted Fusebox I fixed a major issue with overhead.  Ampyear was derived from Fusebox (look at the code), and while it does a lot  more, the bug is still in it even though I notified the author about it.  If you start having performance issues, i suggest that you look at Ampyear with an eye towards removing it and replacing it with Fusebox.  I added a couple of empty parts and a part module to Fusebux to allow it  to be a drop-in replacement for Ampyear

I actually want to go back to fusebox and remove ampyear, as I've run into the performance issues you mentioned, but unfortunately I have vessels en route that have reserve batteries on board. 

1 hour ago, eightiesboi said:

I actually want to go back to fusebox and remove ampyear, as I've run into the performance issues you mentioned, but unfortunately I have vessels en route that have reserve batteries on board. 

You can do it now, there are equivilent parts with the same part names, specifically for this issue.  But they are just regular batteries.

I asked the same question a short time ago. Same answer. So I put a project on very slow simmer - Started the project, and because sidetracked, decided to wait until KSP 1.8 with the new Unity and .NET since want to use new UNITY UI. Was going to use KER for most of the code inspiration.

Almost time to get back to writing it. ... just a few things ahead of it in the pipeline.

real hangup - should it be STAKX or STAXK? I like STAXK, but STatistical  Analysis for Kerbal Exploration (of Kerbol) sounds better - STAKXK...

KSP%20version-1.7.x-66ccff.svg?style=flaMOD%20version-0.0.1.0-orange.svg?style=ftotal

STAXK

STatistical Analysis for eXploring Kerbals

A proposed mod for Kerbal Space Program (KSP)
For those who want the information provided in the editors by *Kerbal Engineer Redux (KER)* without having *KER* installed.

Stated Design Principles:

• KISS (Keep It Simply Simple)
  • Small footprint
  • Use Unity UI for smaller footprint, and ability to move windows out of game focus.

image.png

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I asked the same question a short time ago. Same answer. So I put a project on very slow simmer - Started the project, and because sidetracked, decided to wait until KSP 1.8 with the new Unity and .NET since want to use new UNITY UI. Was going to use KER for most of the code inspiration.

Almost time to get back to writing it. ... just a few things ahead of it in the pipeline.

real hangup - should it be STAKX or STAXK? I like STAXK, but STatistical  Analysis for Kerbal Exploration (of Kerbol) sounds better - STAKXK...

KSP%20version-1.7.x-66ccff.svg?style=flaMOD%20version-0.0.1.0-orange.svg?style=ftotal

STAXK

STatistical Analysis for eXploring Kerbals

A proposed mod for Kerbal Space Program (KSP)
For those who want the information provided in the editors by *Kerbal Engineer Redux (KER)* without having *KER* installed.

Stated Design Principles:

• KISS (Keep It Simply Simple)
  • Small footprint
  • Use Unity UI for smaller footprint, and ability to move windows out of game focus.

image.png

It's the KER resource display at the bottom that I miss so very much. A light recreation would be very much appreciated!

And I think the STatistical Exploration & Analysis for KerbalS or STEAKS! 

Just now, HansAcker said:

Intriguing. Do you have a reason for not using KER if you miss it so much or is it just a dare?

It's just a dare, really. I wanted to see if I could live without it. Especially with KSP 2 inbound, I wanted to see what alternatives exist if favorite mods become abandoned. Can you imagine what would happen if @linuxgurugamer, @Nertea, @Starwaster, @zer0Kerbal, etc joined the ranks of the vanished ( @Papa_Joe, we miss you)?

Squad made a good game. Our modding community made it excellent. But I'm afraid of getting too attached. Lol 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.