General float curve efficiency question

Beyond taking up some memory, would there be a disadvantage to including a float curve  with several hundred lines?

I'm working on getting float curves from a SRB design program, and while I don't want to include all the lines, I'm leaning towards using a lot more than normally seen in part files.

Thanks

LGG

• 5 weeks later...

You don't need several hundred lines to form a proper curve. Just ensure that the tangents are set properly to shape the curve such that it transitions smoothly without spiking or dipping.

Whatever you think is going to need several hundred shouldn't take more than a dozen....

There's a curve editor floating around here somewhere... (see what I did there?)

I think Sarbian made one that can work in the game itself... or there's one that you can use with the Unity editor. 

16 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

think Sarbian made one that can work in the game itself... or there's one that you can use with the Unity editor

I know, I added the ability to make the tangents automatically, it's in the latest release.

I know I dont need that many, but as part of the dev and testing I'm doing, I was hoping to be able to compare the before and after.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.