The Loading Screen Contest - Winners!

UomoCapra

Hello Kerbonauts! 

The Loading Screen Contest has come to an end and we are just blown away by the amount of submissions we received, and more so by the artistry of our amazing community, so a huge shout-out to all participants. Thank you so much! 

Before we go any further, we want to invite you to this thread to check out the outstanding entries we received, it will be worth your while, we promise. 

With over 600 pieces, ranging from awesome 3D renders, amazing screenshots and inspiring fan-art, selecting the winners was no easy task, and although we would have loved to include all of them, we had to carefully select 9 winners based on originality, creativity and artistic ability, all while trying to include a diverse set of images that represented the Kerbal spirit.

The winners are...

(drum rolls...)

@cafelate

5JWN7DP4L3rjNySCNU66JDQzEd1bBwxUzaDp5lUb

@dok_377

wLhTp0daydgtWk-sygVLWuiNOn-9s7R28Ww-Q4MP

@Exaxis

FL5xKxw2m8-s1L3LjNWrHKTO-tA2bAxJJ_49_0Qc

@KnutG

FV5S5igY35sVKgKGKwovP2Ncg4C5H4lVA6uk6sNF

@Orbital_phoenix

KWR_b8hf8nU1EdrRm4YZjX5VyXUnpFUSApaNisZA

@Pills

K5U_jw5cQIjKQH3Jz4xpgQWk4Ea03biLVRvjXZFa

@rocket_scissors

tkDcFQG1kT3GLVub_IJA1oP2dNOrRixk_NexuOAc

@themaster402

FtlFvuW8rHoHoScW-R0UN3bowP8YhZF7EMsi3rxx

@Tinem

SyODYIcYzCPy-rF17cPv5aSHsLCAVQ5JqIfUD6nj

Congratulations to the winners and thank you so much for making this contest a success. :)

Happy launchings!

Congrats to all the winners! Your screenshots look fantastic!

I’m slightly worried about this though...all of these screenshots use a bunch of mods, especially visual ones, and they might confuse new players because the stock game looks nothing like them.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I’m slightly worried about this though...all of these screenshots use a bunch of mods, especially visual ones, and they might confuse new players because the stock game looks nothing like them.

TBH, many of the old loading screens also show parts that have been long gone or drastically changed. So I wouldn't really be worried about that.

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

2 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

TBH, many of the old screenshots also show parts that have been long gone or drastically changed. So I wouldn't really be worried about that.

Yes, but the environment shown in those old screenshots still look fairly stock-ish. These screenshots, while lovely, use mods that add things like clouds and realistic oceans that simply aren’t in the stock game, which could mislead people.

7 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I do believe it was an art contest, not a screenshot contest, wasn't it?

17 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

They reached out and asked which mods were used, so they know exactly what to credit. I guess it will not be difficult to just specify it on the loading screen itself. Not a lot of text, considering my case (just two mods). Just like in KSP 2 trailer they can also just put "not actual gameplay" disclamer somewhere. ;)

8 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I do believe it was an art contest, not a screenshot contest, wasn't it?

"we should let you, the community, submit your illustrations, screenshots, pictures and/or any form of fanart you’d like to see in KSP’s loading screens!"

Edited by dok_377

I mean, nobody thinks kerbal looks like this:

and especially not like this:

A few screenshots, tastefully labeled like Dok_377 said, should be fine!

Plus yeha, it was an -art- contest so i'm glad a lot a few paintings and highly processed stuff got in, even if that means clouds added in w/photo editing

Edited by Lupi

39 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

It is a pity that most of the pictures presented do not reveal the essence of the game at all. They demonstrate an exceptionally beautiful picture, but the game itself in reality does not look like that. Congratulations.

They do match the style and variation of all the other loading screen pictures, though.

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yup, those were some of my favourites! Good choices!

So they don’t represent actual gameplay. Neither do most of the current loading screen pics 

The first one gets really close to showing actual gameplay, it only has one mod part, the rest is probably photoshop. My picture only has a slight bloom effect and a dark sky, the rest of it is completely untouched. You can get practically almost the same result in the stock game (+dlc) if you position the camera correctly. Dust on Duna and picture with Real Plume - yep, that's a stretch. Remaining ones are just renders and art, which isn't even gameplay at all. 

33分钟前,dok_377说:

第一个非常接近于显示实际的游戏玩法,它只有一个模部分,其余的可能是的Photoshop。我的照片只有轻微的绽放效果和黑暗的天空,其余的部分则完全没有被触及。如果正确放置相机,则在库存游戏(+ dlc)中几乎几乎几乎相同的结果。在杜纳(Duna)上扬起灰尘,并用Real Plume拍摄-是的,这很麻烦剩下的只是渲染和艺术品,甚至根本不是游戏玩法。 

Yes, I used PS for post processing.
In addition to KAS, KJR next is also used to stabilize the shaft. MJ2 is also important. Mod should be considered part of the game.
Loading screen Perhaps the most important thing to bring to the novice is the beauty and fun of space exploration (a good impression for novices)
Just like the cover of a manga is exquisite and delicate, but what is attracting is the content inside.

I was absolutely sure the @Exaxis entry would be selected 5 seconds after seeing it.

I could not foresee any other one, because most of them were all absolutely fantastics - and I'm pretty happy I'm not the one that had to rule them out. :)

But that one from the Exaxis, that one I just knew it would be one of them! Congrats, dude!

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

I was absolutely sure the @Exaxis entry would be selected 5 seconds after seeing it.

I could not foresee any other one, because most of them were all absolutely fantastics - and I'm pretty happy I'm not the one that had to rule them out. :)

But that one from the Exaxis, that one I just knew it would be one of them! Congrats, dude!

Oh wow thank you! :D