Editor vs Flight XYZ Axes Confusion

I have a cube that I use:  transform.Position = Vector3.up * Mathf.Cos(Time.time);  in Update and it floats up and down on the Y axis just fine in the Editor .

On the runway Object Inspector shows the Y axis values being changed but the cube moves left and right.

DebugStuff shows the transform Y axis to be pointing up.

I'm missing something , doing something wrong or just don't understand something.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks

Where are you launching from?

Part orientations have a direct relation to the vessel reference transform orientation ... part transforms and their related orientations are children of the vessel transform, meaning the orientation of a part transform (the quaternion) will be different in the flight scene depending on where you launch from (SPH or VAB)

:wink:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

T is always Time
U and V deals with texturing
W is always Weight, or Magnitude.
X is always left/right
Y is always up/down
Z is always depth

if flight, you always look ahead towards the Z axis and can see both X and Y axis as left/right and up/down

but in the editor, the Z axis is what you consider the Y axis, but it's really not, the editor is just positioned vertically.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.