[1.8.1] OrX Kontinuum Development Thread ... Geo-Caching, Scuba Diving, W[ind/S], Challenge Creation and more ......

DoctorDavinci

20 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

Yes, that's it. Apologies for not being clear.

My understanding is that the Boost Flap functionality deploys elevons when airborne--Breaking Ground prop parts are designed to operate in the deployed state, so that would need a reversal. The end result would be the same, cutting thrust.

In fact it would be rather nice to be able to choose, per-part, whether airborne=deployed or airborne=retracted. The amount of downforce needed for my Dakar test buggy is snapping the wheels off during the harder landings.

No big deal, I can do all this manually. Just a suggestion.

Well I would be willing to include some code to do this for you but it would require myself having the DLC, which I do not

The reason for this is that they have different part modules, the elevons vs the BG props, and I would need to have the DLC in order to access the part module since the BG prop module is not in stock KSP

59 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Well I would be willing to include some code to do this for you but it would require myself having the DLC, which I do not

The reason for this is that they have different part modules, the elevons vs the BG props, and I would need to have the DLC in order to access the part module since the BG prop module is not in stock KSP

That's too bad, as DLC's go, it's darn good, but I understand if you have an objection.

I read through ModuleOrXBFC.cs. It looks like it should operate on anything with ModuleControlSurface, which the BG props have. Looks like everything is getting initialized in OrXLog.cs. Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding, I think you just need to add the part names of:

largeFanBlade
largeHeliBlade
largePropeller
mediumFanBlade
mediumHeliBlade
mediumPropeller
smallFanBlade
smallHeliBlade
smallPropeller

Also, I long for the day when the OOP fad goes out of style. It's so bloody awkward to code in nouns.

5 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

That's too bad, as DLC's go, it's darn good, but I understand if you have an objection.

I read through ModuleOrXBFC.cs. It looks like it should operate on anything with ModuleControlSurface, which the BG props have. Looks like everything is getting initialized in OrXLog.cs. Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding, I think you just need to add the part names of:

largeFanBlade
largeHeliBlade
largePropeller
mediumFanBlade
mediumHeliBlade
mediumPropeller
smallFanBlade
smallHeliBlade
smallPropeller

Also, I long for the day when the OOP fad goes out of style. It's so bloody awkward to code in nouns.

You can do that through an mm patch to try it out ... just add the bfc module to the part and see if it actually controls the deploy ... even if the deploy is reversed it will tell me that all I need to do is add a reverse control button so it will work the way you want to use it

If it does control the deploy then it's a fairly easy thing to add in a switch button

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

You can do that through an mm patch to try it out ... just add the bfc module to the part and see if it actually controls the deploy ... even if the deploy is reversed it will tell me that all I need to do is add a reverse control button so it will work the way you want to use it

If it does control the deploy then it's a fairly easy thing to add in a switch button

Oh, of course. :facepalm:  I'll figure that out in the next couple of days. Right now, I'm going to crank up some music and veg out. Happy New Year to you.

Just a quick FYI in regards to the next release for those interested ... I'll be posting it in a few hours

I have fixed the HoloKron spawning under the ground (this also fixed the scoreboard not showing up at the finish line) - thanx to @QF9Efor the assistance

I also fixed the exploding vessels while placing a challenger if they have a huge craft

Fixed the distance checking .... note to self: math might be right but is it the right math (thanx @Snark)

Added a speedometer that can be toggled to show kilometers per hour or miles per hour

Added an automatic quick save deal that is created when starting a challenge so that if a challenger crashes they can just load the quick save (its named the Holokron name plus ' - START')

Also added a toggle switch to the Boost Flap module to swap the deploy on DLC turbofans - paging @FleshJeb

Couple other minor things too .... release in a few hours, after I do a bit of testing

Edited by DoctorDavinci

OrX Kontinuum v 0.1.2.1202 [1.5.20]

Upgrades and Fixes

• Fixed HoloKron spawning under the ground

• Fixed large craft being moved through the ground and exploding when starting a challenge

• Fixed scoreboard and details menu not showing up at the end of a race

• Changed the 'Stage' label in the detailed scoreboard menu to 'Gate' in order to better illustrate what that column represents

• Fixed timer disappearing if challenger is thrown from their command chair ... Thanx to @klond for raising this issue

• Fixed the distance check to the proper coordinate system ... note to self, use the right math

• Added speedometer that can be switched between kilometers per hour (kph) and miles per hour (mph) ... click on the 'kph' in the lower right hand corner of the menu to switch

H5b8aTY.png

• Next Stage Distance is now displayed in either kilometers or miles depending on the speedometer setting

UURGaL3.png

• Added a 'DEPLOY CONTROL' button in the PAW of all Boost Flap controller parts (elevons and now DLC parts) ... This button will invert the deploy control to accommodate DLC turbo fans and those who would like to use them with the BFC module (@FleshJeb)

• BFC module added to DLC parts ... Module Manager is not required

• When crossing the finish line during a Dakar race the challenger must now come to a complete stop before their time is recorded

• Minor refactoring and menu adjustments

• Automatic Screenshots are taken when the timer starts and when the scoreboard menu appears after crossing the finish line as well as after coming to a complete stop in the case of Dakar Racing ... they can be found inside of the Screenshots folder named the HoloKron name plus '- START' and HoloKron name plus  '- FINISH'

• A quicksave is automatically created when starting a challenge to better facilitate reloading and racing again after an accident ... it will be saved as the HoloKron name plus '- START'
Edited by DoctorDavinci

Just a quick update ....

So I messed up on the stop watch ... the stop watch was running fast during time warp

I also noticed that I messed up the spawning of stage gates for the Dakar Racing challenge type

I fixed both issues but also added in a feature for those who would like to launch a craft from the editor and have their craft literally picked up and automagically moved to a location of their choice (currently only hard coded locations are available such as the Pyramids, Baikerbanur, KSC Island Runway, KSC Beach (water launch), KSC Island Harbour, Kerbini Atol etc... ........ I will be adding user defined coordinates as well as the ability to save any user location to a config file in a the coming future)

Note to self: don't release an update to a mod when you're half asleep :blush:

I am just finishing up some testing and will release the fixes as well the OrX Move Launch feature later this evening or tomorrow

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update ....

Real life got in the way of the next release, however I am going to be diving back into it in the next day or so ... Only needs to be tested and some minor tweaks made and then it will be ready

Here's some of what is coming ......

OrX Move Launch

Originally created as an addition to Vessel Mover, it was never 'turned on' after I handed the working code over to the maintainer of VM so I have completely rewritten the code from the ground up and included it in OrX Kontinuum ...... Move Launch literally picks your craft up after loading and physically moves your craft to the location that was selected while using the Move Launch option in the OrX K editor menu ... it also automatically places your craft after the terrain has fully loaded

- Launch your craft from any created location on Kerbin
- Create Move Launch locations anywhere on Kerbin
- Launch to included locations such as the Pyramids or Baikerbanur
- Launch to various water launch locations included in OrX K
- Ability to share coordinate files with other players and have them show up in the GPS Creators list accessed through the OrX K editor menu

I also have a bunch of fixes like the stop watch not running in step with warp (fixed) as well as the Dakar Racing stage gates not spawning

Anyways, I'll have that all worked out and tested in the next couple days so expect a release before the weekend :ph34r:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.