[1.7.3] G'ths Visuals for General Gameplay - JNSQ and Stock

G'th

nmLv8xY.png

huDeVM9.png

qYWERzX.png

1ql2E0K.png

More examples here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/KJPYDUn

So these are my personal KS3P configs. I've worked on it from the perspective of enhancing general gameplay without making it difficult to play the game. So no hyper bright or over exposed scenes here. 

Installation:

1: Install KS3P: https://spacedock.info/mod/1618/KS3P

===============

2: Install KS3P Patch from c1usta:  https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases/tag/6.1.1

===============

3. Choose your configuration:

STOCK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/varr7000a6pr54q/GthsVisuals.cfg?dl=0

JNSQ: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qruop9r4ozpaluj/GthsVisualsJNSQ.cfg?dl=0

===============

3.5 If you're using JNSQ, I recommend utilizing this Sunboost config from @Zorg. I found the additional sunlight necessary due to my cloud configs casting a lot of shadows. If you find that you're experiencing the same thing (such as abnormally dark launches even in the middle of the daytime), this config will help with that. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogb1cc3kzpbmrkp/JNSQ_SUN_boost.cfg?dl=0 - You can install this anywhere you wish in your Gamedata folder.

===============

4. Install the KS3P config to your KS3P folder. -NO- other configs should be utilized in tandem with mine. You may experience weird glitches up to and including becoming your own grandfather/mother.

===============

5. Follow the additional "Match my Install" steps below if you wish to replicate my screenshots to some degree. 

===============

6: Go play. 

===============

Currently, the general borkness of KS3P at this time, please do let me know if you experience any issues using my configs. I cannot necessarily guarantee it will work as intended in your install, but I will help get it working if possible. 
=======================================================================================================================================
Matching my install:

In order to match my install, and thus what you see in my example screenshots, you'll need the following mods:

Astronomers Visual Pack - 

For AVP, I recommend using the highest textures you can. For me, thats the 8k clouds with the optional 43k cloud pack for Kerbin. NOTE: AVP carries its own KS3P config and you MUST delete it, otherwise as noted above it will cause issues. 

===============

Distant Object Enhancement 

===============

PlanetShine

In my install, EVE's cloud cover tends to make the launchpad very dark unless the cloud cover is sparse over KSC, so I recommend setting your ground ambient light setting to 1 with a 100% override. I also put the PS intensity to 0.5 and all relevant settings to max

===========================================================================================================================================

JNSQ Users

https://imgur.com/a/Mua6nv5

0BPLwGh.pngsP21lMf.pngWlwxKrV.pngB37h5BI.pngDrEhTc1.png

The config above is optimized to work with JNSQ and in normal JNSQ you should still have good visuals. However, it was also made to be used with my adaptation of Astronomer's Visual Pack for JNSQ, which at this time is in limbo pending first and foremost the approval of the JNSQ team to release the adaptation, but also my continued development of it. Presuming approval is given, once my adaptation is released I will include a section here for replicating my install for that. 

Edited by G'th

11 hours ago, Azalen said:

What is the connector part on the edge of your shuttle which covers the fuel tank. Looks rly neat, would like to have it :)

If you can point to the picture youre referring to Id be glad to tell you

Apologize for the apparently awful quality on these screenshots but JNSQ compatibility is coming soon. I have successfully adapted AVP's 43k Clouds for JNSQ so now I am motivated to get a KS3P config set up for it. Below is just some initial examples of what it may look like. Not terribly different from the original, but I given the overall different look JNSQ has compared to AVP/OPM, it will have to be tweaked a bit. 

IvgGDTX.pngUJwcH9w.png

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

There are some major changes coming to JNSQ shortly. Shouldn't cause you to change anything KS3P wise, but you may want to wait to get the full effect ;)

gcoCCXT.png

@Galileo Oh yeah like the original one the JNSQ config is going to take some time to nail down. But are we expecting any changes to the cloud settings at all with the next version?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 2:17 PM, Sippyfrog said:

Hey what command pod is this?

Thats the something or another from Near Future Spacecraft lol.

3 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

you may want download his fork of ks3p instead of the patch

Its been a while since I messed with KS3P, and AFAIK his fork wasnt a thing when I released this. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm as soon as I put your stock config for KS3PP my KSP is crashing when I should see the main menu items.  IT will do the loading of mods fine  and as soon as it should be showing the Main menu options it will crash without any error or log.  

@Jovzin I guess you're running this on KSP 1.8. since this happend to me too as I tested it on 1.8. I think G'th visuals pack isn't meant for running on 1.8 but for 1.7.3 -> [1.7.3] G'ths Visuals for General Gameplay - JNSQ and Stock.

Astronomers Visuals Pack states in brackets [1.8.0] but its version file and also the AVC shows up incompatibility to KSP 1.8 and tells you, that it is made for 1.7.3.

Anyway. It helps the Mod-Author and people that are trying to help you when you're at least writing your KSP version you have. Also the ksp.log is a good source to find out what you're running since the loaded Mods are listed there.

Edit: @Jovzin: you might try KS3P for 1.8 Beta: https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases 

Kind regards

Patsch

Edited by ThePatsch78
Edit: Url to KS3P 1.8 Beta

Hi G'th,

thanks for the mod. But I have questions :-) For tests I'am running on 1.7.3 Stock with both DLC's and only the mods you've mentioned + the required ones of AVP.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:23 AM, G'th said:

4. Install the KS3P config to your KS3P folder. -NO- other configs should be utilized in tandem with mine. You may experience weird glitches up to and including becoming your own grandfather/mother.

1. You mean every config in KS3P? I removed every cfg except the Configuration.cfg. is this correct?

2. Is it possible to make it work on RSS in general? Using the JNSQ-Config or the stock cfg? With the JNSQ moar Sun cfg or withour? xD

3. Is your KS3P config supposed to run in -force-d3d11 mode or only in "standard" mode? When I run  KSP with that option everything gets dark and the Sunlight acts weird when I come out of Kerbins shadow. Everything has a greyish haze.

6hZC4UY.jpg

qaiTW61.jpg

2pnQZtM.jpg

G0Gwiew.jpg

Only when Kerbin and the Kerbol are on the edges, the scene looks "ok":

o56Ypsb.jpg

Kind regards
Patsch

20 hours ago, ThePatsch78 said:

@Jovzin I guess you're running this on KSP 1.8. since this happend to me too as I tested it on 1.8. I think G'th visuals pack isn't meant for running on 1.8 but for 1.7.3 -> [1.7.3] G'ths Visuals for General Gameplay - JNSQ and Stock.

Astronomers Visuals Pack states in brackets [1.8.0] but its version file and also the AVC shows up incompatibility to KSP 1.8 and tells you, that it is made for 1.7.3.

Anyway. It helps the Mod-Author and people that are trying to help you when you're at least writing your KSP version you have. Also the ksp.log is a good source to find out what you're running since the loaded Mods are listed there.

Edit: @Jovzin: you might try KS3P for 1.8 Beta: https://github.com/c1usta/KS3P/releases 

Kind regards

Patsch

Hello Patsch.

Thank you.  Yeah I was trying the run this on KSP 1.8.

Btw will try that new KS3P as I have issues when I run it with AVP config for KS3P.  I am getting 8 bit KSP graphics :D

But I discovered that Bloom is doing this issue in KS3P. Bcs as soon as I turn off bloom my KSP looks as it should be. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, ThePatsch78 said:

Hi G'th,

thanks for the mod. But I have questions :-) For tests I'am running on 1.7.3 Stock with both DLC's and only the mods you've mentioned + the required ones of AVP.

1. You mean every config in KS3P? I removed every cfg except the Configuration.cfg. is this correct?

2. Is it possible to make it work on RSS in general? Using the JNSQ-Config or the stock cfg? With the JNSQ moar Sun cfg or withour? xD

3. Is your KS3P config supposed to run in -force-d3d11 mode or only in "standard" mode? When I run  KSP with that option everything gets dark and the Sunlight acts weird when I come out of Kerbins shadow. Everything has a greyish haze.

6hZC4UY.jpg

qaiTW61.jpg

2pnQZtM.jpg

G0Gwiew.jpg

Only when Kerbin and the Kerbol are on the edges, the scene looks "ok":

o56Ypsb.jpg

Kind regards
Patsch

Did you ever find a solution for this problem?  I'm encountering the same issue.  Works fine under DX9, but when I try to use -force-opengl or -force-d3d11 everything gets super dark like this.  The game is *playable* under DX9 but I'd really love to get it running under DX11 for the reduced memory footprint.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.