Kerbal Space Program 1.8: “Moar Boosters!!!” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

9 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

These are just part of the first batch of celestial bodies being overhauled, slowly but surely we will continue this endeavor. 

Please do.  KSP1 deserves to end it's development without all the artistic geology.  Looks great so far.

9 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Implement ability to edit Action Groups in flight.

Heck yes.  Thanks for this.

10 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Upgrade VPP and improve wheel and landing leg function.

Unity finally improve the wheel code?  Can't wait to try this out.

Joysticks and gamepads on Linux are again recognized and usable.

It was pretty lame this ever went away.  Glad the Unity upgrade fixed it.

Fix Deployed Science Log and Message system spam.

Thank the Kraken.  Still unsure how this ever made it through QA in the first place.  Thanks for listening to career players.

When I restart the game, I get blasted with the sound at the full volume even though I just configured it not to do that. And then I go to settings to turn that down, press the apply button just to see all my settings reset to defaults. Is anybody else experiences this issue? 

11 minutes ago, RockyTV said:

What .NET version can be used? .NET 4.7, .NET 4.5 or .NET 4?

Any .NET 4.x.

21 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Unity finally improve the wheel code?  Can't wait to try this out.

We don't use Unity wheel code.

6 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Bug. Change your scale back to 100%

Never changed my scale from 100%.  Will try adjusting it and see if that fixes.

Edit:  Changing the scale did nothing, but specifically clicking "Reset FlightUI scaling" fixed it.  Thanks.

Edit2: The *NavBall* scaling has to be >= 95% to draw the Altimeter correctly now.  When you said scaling, I assumed general UI scaling or Altimeter scaling, which were both at 100%.  I had my navball at 90%.  At 94% only the first 4 zeros draw on the altimeter.

Edited by SirGouki

26 minutes ago, jdf28045 said:

Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 1.8 and it broke.

Now getting Failed to load Mono?

Any Ideas?

I had the same on my copied-over install even after removing all mods.

I fixed it by making a fresh copy, not overwriting but instead copying into an empty directory.

5 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Remember that in order to see the new Celestial B0dies' textures, you to select the High Quality shader in the settings.  The default is Low (legacy). :wink:

Just to rebump this like others did cause i missed it for the first few hours!

The textures are amazing!Good work!

1 minute ago, kspnerd122 said:

im on steam and so I cannot avoid updates it does it automaticaly

You can go back to previous versions, though. Right click KSP in the list, go to properties and then to "previous versions", something like that.
Also, I'd recommend you to copy your KSP install somewhere else and mod that, a) for cases like this and b) you always have a functioning, stock install you can go back to.

As to what the update will do to mods: Some, a lot maybe, of mods will be broken, either due to the new DDS incompatibility or due to the engine upgrade. Just be patient and wait until all your mods have been updated.

11 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

what will this do to mods this is my first update with a modded game do I have to uninstall mods because im on steam and so I cannot avoid updates it does it automaticaly

the only mods I have are OPM and kopernicus

First go to your disk where kerbal is installed and backup/copy somewhere safe your ''saves'' folder and the mods inside Gamedata folder.

After that try launching the game and see if the mods still work.

If not then you can go to Steam Library->Right Click Kerbal->Properties->Betas->Select the version you want and you know works with your mods(and patiently wait for them to update).

You should be fine but always make sure you backup your saves folder.

Some people even copy the entire Kerbal game somewhere else on the disk and launch it from there.

Ops, again a bit too late someone was faster than me :P

Edited by Boyster

Nice job Squad/PD with the reskins.  Although I'm wondering if the new folding doors on the 1.25m Service Bay will be as effective for keeping a capsule from rolling down a hillside... but that's not the subject of this post.

It has to do with a minor graphics glitch with one particular liquid fuel tank, the T-100.  The glitch itself is no big deal and is easily corrected using the Move Tool.  In fact I would guess most players don't even know it exists.  But since a new patch is out, and this particular glitch is over 6 years old now, I figured this was a good time to mention it.  I went back through my old version saves all the way to version 1.21.1, which is the earliest version I have containing the T-100 tank.

The actual glitch is this... whenever the T-100 tank is surface attached to another tank, it clips into the tank it's attached to.  Again, I know this is trivial and everybody is thinking "So what".  At this point I'm just curious if the devs never heard of the glitch?  Or for whatever reason,  it actually is impossible to fix (from a coding viewpoint).  I'm guessing it has to do with the colliders on this particular tank.

Images from the new patch 1.8.0

yDnQACI.jpg

WwBex7O.jpg

5 hours ago, r3_141592654 said:

I was excited to see this, but alas it is not working. It autoupdated from Steam. It launches to the opening screen, but none of the selections, like Start Game, Settings, Quit will work. Any ideas? Is it a matter of removing mods and starting from scratch?

I have had the same problem.

20 minutes ago, genbrien said:

I havent tested yet the breaking ground experiment, and I dont know if I'm doing it wrong, but they dont seem to work... Unless I'm missing something ?

https://imgur.com/a/Sq9Z7Bk

They are not connected to your control station from your screenshot. Try picking the control station up and putting it back down again.