Verifying expansions stuck on 1.8

I am using ksp 1.8, After it released, And when i launched it, at the end of the screen it said it was "Verifying breaking ground."

I deleted it, Now its saying it with making history.

i REALLY want to use my expansions, But its not working.

Same Problem here. Veryfied game files, uninstalled and installed both expansions, doesn't work.

Edit: It worked after I removed all my mods from CKAN and everythign in GameData except for Squad and Squad Expansion. First I deleted all Mods from CKAN, but even though CKAN and KSP said I had no mods, there still were things in the GameData folder aside from Squad and SquadExpansion, and after I deleted them it works now.

Edited by Salticus
It works now!

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do any of you have ANY mods installed at all?

If you are running it from Steam and you haven't  copied it out of the steam folder, then you need to manually delete the entire KSP director and reinstall 

Yes, I have a modded install. (better burntime, usi ls, construction, real chute sand  tweakscale)

I am running standalone not on steam

1 hour ago, ChildSupport said:

same here, stuck on verifying breaking ground serenity

correct immediately after breaking ground serenity , you get the exception: reflectiontypeloadexception: Exception of type "system.reflection.reflectiontypeloadexception"was thrown 

Same thing happening to me after 1.8 update. Stuck at verifying Expansion: Making History Squad Expansion/Making History. Hitting Alt F12 gives me a bunch of the same error.

Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

In my case, removing Firespitter Core fixed the problem, even though Firespitter is marked as 1.8 compatible on CKAN

Edit: Firespitter works fine on it's own, but doesn't seem to be playing nice with Mechjeb. Mechjeb loads fine as well, as long as Firespitter isn't present. 

Edited by Frankenchokey

3 hours ago, downer said:

Really dont want to lose my career mode game with many mods :/

Back up the save games and wait for the mods to upgrade.  Usually takes about a month.  It's why you should keep a copy of the last version to run for the month.

10 hours ago, NippyFlippers said:

Same problem here. Game stuck on launch screen.

Alt f-12 displays:

exception: reflectiontypeloadexception: Exception of type "system.reflection.reflectiontypeloadexception"was thrown

I've been getting this as well however after removing the only two mods I use (Kethane and MechJeb) it's worked. I'll try each mod Separately later to see which induced the issue.

I tried removing Firesplitter and it did load this time. Problem is a lot of my crafts bases/space stations will no longer load cause now they are all now missing parts. Crap. That's the problem with playing in sandbox mode and spend all your time building stuff with parts from mods. Once you do this, you are dependent on them if you want that craft/base/space station to load at a later time. That's the way I play so I am pretty much fubared in my current state with 1.8 (and my mods). Unless there is a work around for this, I will have to go back to playing my saved and cherished version 1.43. I'm just not going to play without my mods. I just can't do it. I just have too much time invested in all the stuff I've built.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.