KSP played with an RC transmitter?

1 hour ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

I am an avid pilot of R/C model aircraft, and before long it got me wondering if it would be possible to fly a plane in ksp with  a rc transmitter. It would make things a lot easier to say the least! Anybody know if this is possible?

I have an RC transmitter that came with an RC flight sim, connects via USB, and KSP recognizes it as a regular joystick indeed.

Or at least it used too. Haven't messed with this since 1.0 I believe, as I started using a double joystick setup around that time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 2:54 AM, Dafni said:

I have an RC transmitter that came with an RC flight sim, connects via USB, and KSP recognizes it as a regular joystick indeed.

Or at least it used too. Haven't messed with this since 1.0 I believe, as I started using a double joystick setup around that time.

Hi again Daf! Wow, you can use a double joystick for KSP? Who makes it. Sounds cool.

21 minutes ago, Saturn5tony said:

Hi again Daf! Wow, you can use a double joystick for KSP? Who makes it. Sounds cool.

Oh, it's just two joysticks. Like two individual sticks. One for translation and one for rotation. (Most of all usefull for docking and EVA, nothing else really. Just a gimmick, one single stick is more than enough for KSP actually, you can switch between modes in KSP)

Sorry if my wording was misleading, maybe I should have called it dual joystick setup? (I am obviously not a native speaker)

BTW, If you want to experience dual joystick feeling in a hurry and on a budget you could hook up a XBox or PlayStation controller, those dual sticks are nice as well.

Nice idea!  Trim controls on the sticks for pitch/yaw of spaceplanes could be quite handy.  I'd expect USB connection would be essential; don't know if modern RC controls commonly provide this and if they're readily recognised.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.