Logout timeout on KSP store site

katateochi

Can we have a less aggressive logout timer on the main KSP store site (https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com) ?

The login session times-out in about 30 mins, which means that if you go away for a short time, you've always got to log back in again. 
For someone (like me) with terrible internet speeds, this makes downloading extra annoying; if, like with the 1.8 release, I want to download KSP + expansions for both linux and win OSs then I have to log back in and then go my account->downloads-> etc for each item.
It also means that I'm unable to pause/resume downloads; if I pause the download for more than 30mins then I can't resume because my session has expired. 

I get that the KSP store has payment info, so security should be tighter than is required on the forum, but a session timeout after 30 mins seems a little overkill. 
(it also raises a little red flag in my mind; was a 30 min timeout selected because of a lack of confidence in how securely payment details are stored? So now I'm curious, does Squad(/Take2/whoever actually owns it now), store payment info in house, or do they use a 3rd party payment platform?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.