[1.12.x] Improved & Updated Chase Camera

linuxgurugamer

Originally written by @BahamutoD, then maintained by @Papa_Joe, this mod has been abandoned for too long, so I'm adopting it.

Original thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72457-11-improved-chase-camera-v16-apr-23/

Previous thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173436-14x-improved-chase-camera-v1621-apr-13-2018/

Availability

What is Improved Chase Camera?

This plugin gives you the option to make the camera follow your surface velocity vector.

This gives you a better feeling on how your plane is moving, its angle of attack, sideslip, etc.

Press Tab to toggle.

(You can change the key in settings.cfg).

Toggling it off and on will bring it back to the default view angle.

Set autoSnap to true in the config to have it always snap back to default angle.

The default view angle can be changed in the config file as well.

Two modes:

1. Toggle while in Locked mode: Camera rolls with plane.

2. Toggle while in Free mode: Camera stays level.

Chase mode:

Free chase mode:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, for some reason the mod is being very finicky. I managed to get it working once, but only for a single flight. I'm not sure what's happening here.  In ksp.log, the mod doesn't throw any errors, and configs load fine.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, Sub31 said:

Hi, for some reason the mod is being very finicky. I managed to get it working once, but only for a single flight. I'm not sure what's happening here.  In ksp.log, the mod doesn't throw any errors, and configs load fine.

you are hitting tab?  It changes the way it works depending on when you activate it

Yes, I am. The dialog  saying the camera improvement was activated showed up once for me, but only ever during one flight. 
Other mods are Mouse Aim Flight, Planetshine, Waterfall, Restock, Restock+. Logs don't contain any errors thrown by the mod.

53 minutes ago, Sub31 said:

Yes, I am. The dialog  saying the camera improvement was activated showed up once for me, but only ever during one flight. 
Other mods are Mouse Aim Flight, Planetshine, Waterfall, Restock, Restock+. Logs don't contain any errors thrown by the mod.

Without any logs, I can't say anything else

On 5/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, Sub31 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pok6n6o3mrf3vp4/copyPlayer.log/file
Here is a newer log.  Still not turning on when keybind pressed. (I have set to L as primary and Tab as secondary)

That log only gets to the main menu, please get in flight and try that, then post the log

On 5/8/2021 at 12:23 AM, Sub31 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pok6n6o3mrf3vp4/copyPlayer.log/file
Here is a newer log.  Still not turning on when keybind pressed. (I have set to L as primary and Tab as secondary)

You also must press v once to get intio free camera mode then press tab.

I found it does not work if you get on runway then just press tab which I think the camera is defaulted to auto it must be in one of the other modes.

so recap get on runway press v and get into free mode you will see it say so at top middle of screen then press tab take off it should centre on rear of craft.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That log only gets to the main menu, please get in flight and try that, then post the log

Sorry! I found out just now that the hotkey only functions when you are in locked or free cam. Sorry for wasting your time. Pretty embarassing haha

22 hours ago, Sub31 said:

Sorry! I found out just now that the hotkey only functions when you are in locked or free cam. Sorry for wasting your time. Pretty embarassing haha

Believe it or not, took me a while to figure it out also, even after I had adopted it.  Glad you got it figured out.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Originally written by @BahamutoD, then maintained by @Papa_Joe, this mod has been abandoned for too long, so I'm adopting it.

Original thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72457-11-improved-chase-camera-v16-apr-23/

Previous thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173436-14x-improved-chase-camera-v1621-apr-13-2018/

Availability

What is Improved Chase Camera?

This plugin gives you the option to make the camera follow your surface velocity vector.

This gives you a better feeling on how your plane is moving, its angle of attack, sideslip, etc.

Press Tab to toggle.

(You can change the key in settings.cfg).

Toggling it off and on will bring it back to the default view angle.

Set autoSnap to true in the config to have it always snap back to default angle.

The default view angle can be changed in the config file as well.

Two modes:

1. Toggle while in Locked mode: Camera rolls with plane.

2. Toggle while in Free mode: Camera stays level.

Chase mode:

Free chase mode:

What would i put in the setting.cfg for "primary =" if i wanted the keystroke toggle to be Control+ numpad 1 ?

primary = ______________ ?

• 7 months later...

There's no "Issues" page on the github so I'll leave this here: Tab takes a lot of presses before Improved Camera turns on. The snapback is also borked because it just hard-prevents me from adjusting my camera. Once activated, it does work as advertised.

12 hours ago, SafetyDancer said:

There's no "Issues" page on the github so I'll leave this here: Tab takes a lot of presses before Improved Camera turns on. The snapback is also borked because it just hard-prevents me from adjusting my camera. Once activated, it does work as advertised.

No logs, no support.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.