KSP 1.8 Unity Issue

4 hours ago, nestor said:

Posting your log files will help nailing down the issue. 

One common problem is that when people try a clean install they don't erase left over files from Steam. You can also try that. 

I don't know why, but KSP.log file is empty.

Log files will help.

Also try turning off steam cloud save, and verifying your install.

Finally, before reinstalling make sure steam cloud save is off.  Certain files get modified by mods that need to be removed.

I am having this issue too. My drivers are updated and there are my specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 -bit
Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.4GHz
8GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000 // AMD Switchable Raedon HD 6650M 2 GB

I tried reinstalling the game from scratch, but didn't help

On 11/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, nestor said:

Posting your log files will help nailing down the issue.

I see a lot of people posting "This doesn't work!" and yet when a Squad Dev offers help, nobody steps up and posts some logs.

If you would like help on fixing a problem, help them narrow down the issue, post some logs:

It also appears that doing a completely clean install (deleting the entire directory and all sub folders (backup your saves first!)) will remedy the issue.   Also installing to a different location than normal seems to have fixed it for some people. 

Gargamel,

It would be good if you read carefully what is said in the post , it is perfectly explained that the actions that you recommend to solve the problem have been taken and have been completely useless .
Weeks passed without even trying to solve the problem,  not a comment from the Squad teamI bought the game and the following dlc´s on Steamand that creates on your part a responsibility to solve the problems,  solution that apparently has come with the last patch.

I'm having the same issues as above. Uninstalled all files, deleted the game folder, reinstalled the game from Steam, turned off cloud synch, verified file integrity, even turned off Breaking ground and Making History expansions. It appears my issue is the Unity engine crashing. Here is Player.log:

[snip]

Edited by Gargamel
Giant Wall of text removed

I coped with this problem by switching the game from discrete to integrated graphics card (AMD APU with discrete AMD graphics), and CrossFireX did not need to be turned off. Although this is not the way out, as the performance has fallen.

Spoiler

I'm sorry if there are any errors, as I am writing with the help of a translator.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.