KSP 1.8 Unity Issue

I've been having a similar issue. It doesn't happen when launching the game but periodically (and seemingly randomly) after playing for a little bit, just a crash with the little unity window. Sometimes it's in the VAB, sometimes it's out in space. I've done clean installs on two separate SSDs, updated gpu drivers, etc. to no avail. Nvidia GPU so disabling crossfire isn't a thing for me. Here's the player.log 

Dropbox Link

Edited by CryptidCrypt
Fixed link

Thanks for the suggestion @Anth12 but it still crashed within 15 minutes for me :( 

Oddly, it seems tied to my specific PC. I've got the game on a thumb drive and while it still crashes on my main PC, I can play it on my laptop with no issues (except bad performance, but that's just the laptop). It also has an nvidia gpu (960m) but with very outdated drivers due to the switching software, so maybe it's a problem with newer gpu drivers... I dunno. Might also be an intel vs. ryzen problem, since I've got ryzen on my main pc. I'll try installing some older drivers and see where that takes me

On 11/11/2019 at 2:54 AM, Anth12 said:

@nestor Does what @voltmanderer noted help? Thats the second time I have seen this type of crash complained about where KSP doesnt even load in properly.

We do have a bug confirmed related with AMD graphic cards. This one:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23977

It's interesting that people are mentioning AMD graphic cards here, the issues are probably related. We have seen that changing the graphic settings can reduce the crashes incidences. 

We are already working alongside with Unity to find a solution, we will keep people informed if we find a reliable  workaround.

@Anth12 I've kinda gotten around the issue, at least delayed the crashes to where it's certainly playable now. Can't say what helped exactly, but I've downgraded gpu drivers, un-overclocked my gpu, generally lowered graphics settings, and capped to 60 fps. It has crashed once since with the same unity pop-up, but it was over 2 hours into a session I think, which I can't complain about

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, nestor said:

So far everything points to the High Quality terrain shader. @Treehouse46 during your tests do you know if the terrain shader was set to high?

Turning down the terrain shader from High to Normal resolved this for me! Was getting frequent crashes, but now played 3 hours straight w/ no crashes. Thanks @nestor.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, nestor said:

So far everything points to the High Quality terrain shader. @Treehouse46 during your tests do you know if the terrain shader was set to high?

I was excited, until I checked and saw that my Terrain Shader Quality was set low.  This on an nVidia card

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.