Deployed science message spam fix?

11 hours ago, Jeff Benefiel said:

Did 1.8 fix the deployed science spam?

I don't know. In the bug reports (e.g. https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23172) they wrote that they "made some changes in this latest version and would like some feedback on this issue."

So you could help by testing it and letting us know how it worked.

8 hours ago, AHHans said:

I don't know. In the bug reports (e.g. https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23172) they wrote that they "made some changes in this latest version and would like some feedback on this issue."

So you could help by testing it and letting us know how it worked.

Yeah, not enough coffee this morning, got 1.8 installed and it says I need Breaking Ground 1.3, hate it when I'm not on the ball. Will get the latest Breaking Ground and see if said bug has been fixed. Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Addendum: Deployed science Goo experiment off runway left to run a week while I did a Minmus mission. Got 4, maybe 5 messages of 1.3 science which accounted upon inspection 40-50% of the available science. Back of a napkin calculations show that to be almost exact 1/10th of the frequency of 1.7.3. So, it would appear in 1.8 they just increased the buffer before transmission by 10.

From changelog:

* Fix Deployed Science Log and Message system spam.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:22 PM, Jeff Benefiel said:

Addendum: Deployed science Goo experiment off runway left to run a week while I did a Minmus mission. Got 4, maybe 5 messages of 1.3 science which accounted upon inspection 40-50% of the available science. Back of a napkin calculations show that to be almost exact 1/10th of the frequency of 1.7.3. So, it would appear in 1.8 they just increased the buffer before transmission by 10.

They were always meant to send every 10% of the data. So the bug was fixed and it’s now working as designed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.