Salus: A J1407b Analogue [1.11]

JacobJHC

Salus: A J1407b Analogue [1.11]

What does this mod add?

• Salus: A large gas giant out past Jool with the largest rings Kerbals have ever seen. It is thought that a close encounter with a rogue planet gave its orbit its inclination, as well as its current ring system. Visit soon, they're not expected to last for much longer. They've already begun collapsing into moons.
    • Dauble: An icy world harboring a subsurface ocean, with plumes spraying out world-wide. Dauble is nested inside Salus's rings, providing quite the skyline.
    • Dulus: A small moon orbiting rather close to Dauble. This flattened moon is collecting material from Salus's rings across its equator forming a massive equatorial ridge. Don't slip!
    • Duran: A captured asteroid that orbits far from Salus, well past its rings. It's inclined orbit gives the best possible view of Salus. Be sure to bring your camera!

Pictures

Spoiler

4bKspjP.jpg

41uEAmM.jpg

Ve9Fq5z.jpgDon't sit on this!

CkNnOq4.jpg

Download

Dependencies: 

• Kopernicus

https://spacedock.info/mod/2250/Salus - A J1407b Analogue

All Rights Reserved

Edited by JacobJHC
version update

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

What’s up with Dalys’ north and south poles?!

Honestly I wish I knew. The heightmap must have a white pixel near the poles, or there might have been an issue with a seam that made them. I find them a tad too amusing to remove though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just sent crew there and back, and I now have my ratings of experience

File:Golden star.svg - WikipediaFile:Golden star.svg - WikipediaFile:Golden star.svg - WikipediaFile:Golden star.svg - WikipediaFile:Golden star.svg - Wikipedia

It feels very original and amazing. I absolutely loved this pack. J1407b is my favorite Exo-planet. This is one of the best you have made Jacob!

The Good:

-Very amazing, gives a lot of eye candy shots

-Gives a challenge, makes you use ur skills

-Runs great

The Meh:

-Surfaces on moons felt dark, especially compared to what they look like in orbit

-No drag when entering Salus atmo (which you told me was a bug,) so I didn't have any plungers on this one. But It was still a great ride to send craft there

Here's my crew video on this. Everyone should download this pack it's amazing:

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.