linuxgurugamer

[1.10] Portable Rover Components

nice mod, thy didn´t i knew this existed for such a long time? This is exactly what i need for my BDB Landers. Thank you for reviving this and so many other mods. Keep up the good work :)

Posted (edited)

I've installed the recent version along with KSPWheel mod. Wheels are rolling only when folded... Not working when deployed. Also, when leaving the seat kerbal just falls on the rover floor and you cannot move him.

Edited by Horus

Posted (edited)

A request... if anyone does have this mod working and can provide some insights. The interface I see with KIS/KAS is nothing like the one in the video, I can't assemble.

For reference... KSP 1.8.1 (Versioning has me a little confused because I see indications that it may work in 1.8.1 as well as 1.10 being required)

ASET_PRC-1.8.0-0.0.1.zip

"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
  {
    "MAJOR":1,
    "MINOR":7,
    "PATCH":1
  }

Knowing that somebody will tell me that I should try it in 1.10, I downloaded the most current version and popped it in with all the latest KIS, KAS and MM into a clean version of 1.10, no other mods.

Meet Darth Jeb, sith lord.

This is how the frame looks when "carried".

LKbGA3e.png

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 4:33 AM, Horus said:

I've installed the recent version along with KSPWheel mod. Wheels are rolling only when folded... Not working when deployed. Also, when leaving the seat kerbal just falls on the rover floor and you cannot move him.

Same issue here with KSP 1.8.1 and KSPWheel 0.16.14.33. Seems like it would be a great little rover if it worked ;)

I built the over in the SPH, when launched it's wheels are 50% below the surface and would not turn or rotate. When I stow them the rover snaps out of the ground, jumping quite high. but thne the stowed wheels can turn and rotate. if i re-deploy them it's leveled with the ground but neither turn nor rotate.

(obviously a Stock rover works just fine)

Edited by Brimarx

The rover works fine for me, its just the fact that the wheels can get a little uncontrollable, still a good mod though