[1.12.x] Portable Rover Components

linuxgurugamer

I've installed the recent version along with KSPWheel mod. Wheels are rolling only when folded... Not working when deployed. Also, when leaving the seat kerbal just falls on the rover floor and you cannot move him.

Edited by Horus

A request... if anyone does have this mod working and can provide some insights. The interface I see with KIS/KAS is nothing like the one in the video, I can't assemble.

For reference... KSP 1.8.1 (Versioning has me a little confused because I see indications that it may work in 1.8.1 as well as 1.10 being required)

ASET_PRC-1.8.0-0.0.1.zip

"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
  {
    "MAJOR":1,
    "MINOR":7,
    "PATCH":1
  }

Knowing that somebody will tell me that I should try it in 1.10, I downloaded the most current version and popped it in with all the latest KIS, KAS and MM into a clean version of 1.10, no other mods.

Meet Darth Jeb, sith lord.

This is how the frame looks when "carried".

LKbGA3e.png

Edited by LawnDartLeo

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 4:33 AM, Horus said:

I've installed the recent version along with KSPWheel mod. Wheels are rolling only when folded... Not working when deployed. Also, when leaving the seat kerbal just falls on the rover floor and you cannot move him.

Same issue here with KSP 1.8.1 and KSPWheel 0.16.14.33. Seems like it would be a great little rover if it worked ;)

I built the over in the SPH, when launched it's wheels are 50% below the surface and would not turn or rotate. When I stow them the rover snaps out of the ground, jumping quite high. but thne the stowed wheels can turn and rotate. if i re-deploy them it's leveled with the ground but neither turn nor rotate.

(obviously a Stock rover works just fine)

Edited by Brimarx

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 6:29 AM, Brimarx said:

Same issue here with KSP 1.8.1 and KSPWheel 0.16.14.33. Seems like it would be a great little rover if it worked ;)

I built the over in the SPH, when launched it's wheels are 50% below the surface and would not turn or rotate. When I stow them the rover snaps out of the ground, jumping quite high. but thne the stowed wheels can turn and rotate. if i re-deploy them it's leveled with the ground but neither turn nor rotate.

(obviously a Stock rover works just fine)

Yeah I'm having the same issue. The wheels turn only when they're retracted. It's like there's a variable or something that's out of sync with whether the wheels are deployed or not.

Edited by Snoman314

• 7 months later...

Thanks for maintaining this mod (and so many others)!  

Just FYI, this mod's .version file is in the folder Gamedata/ASET.   The mod MADLAD (Mod Assembly Dll Loading Anomaly Detector) apparently expects to find it in the folder Gamedata/ASET/PRC, and complains with the following stark (and entirely unwarranted) warning when it's not there:

KSP Installation Validation Monitor
INSTALLATION ISSUES
ASET_PRC has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly.  All files should be located in: <KSP install directory>/GameData/ASET/PRC. Do not move any files from inside that folder.

Related entries in KSP.log:  

[LOG 21:27:51.942] [MADLAD]: Found 0 exceptions
[LOG 21:27:51.943] [MADLAD]: Parsed Log in 53 ms
[ERR 21:27:52.088] InstallValidator: Missing file: ASET_PRC.version

[LOG 21:27:52.108] [MADLAD]: Parsed .version files in 164ms

Copying the .version file from Gamedata/ASET to Gamedata/ASET/PRC silences the warning.  Thought you'd like to know.

8 hours ago, wreckreation said:

Thanks for maintaining this mod (and so many others)!  

Just FYI, this mod's .version file is in the folder Gamedata/ASET.   The mod MADLAD (Mod Assembly Dll Loading Anomaly Detector) apparently expects to find it in the folder Gamedata/ASET/PRC, and complains with the following stark (and entirely unwarranted) warning when it's not there:

KSP Installation Validation Monitor
INSTALLATION ISSUES
ASET_PRC has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly.  All files should be located in: <KSP install directory>/GameData/ASET/PRC. Do not move any files from inside that folder.

Related entries in KSP.log:  

[LOG 21:27:51.942] [MADLAD]: Found 0 exceptions
[LOG 21:27:51.943] [MADLAD]: Parsed Log in 53 ms
[ERR 21:27:52.088] InstallValidator: Missing file: ASET_PRC.version

[LOG 21:27:52.108] [MADLAD]: Parsed .version files in 164ms

Copying the .version file from Gamedata/ASET to Gamedata/ASET/PRC silences the warning.  Thought you'd like to know.

Thanks.

It's annoying, but I'll fix it when I update this for 1.12

Your alternative is to remove MADLAD :D

• 5 months later...

While reading a mods' thread, and you see nothing but huge gaps of time with no *user's* posts, in between the developer's update posts, the first instinct is to assume the mod is hardly used by people, or on life-support, or something...

But if you think again, thats probablly a good thing...

It must mean the mod is working *great*, with no issue(s)... :D

As Always, @linuxgurugamer ,
THANX for all you do, even tho you dont get at least *positive* feedback on mods like this, to let you know they are still used, and *still* BIGGLY appreciated ;)

And thanx for adding MADLAD support... A lot of people who dont CKAN & install manually depend on that mod ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 4 weeks later...

I see the multiple posts about the wheel deployment issue, but I don't see anything about it being fixed. I'm still having that problem.  When the ASET PRC wheels are attached and the rover is launched, they show as deployed when they are retracted, and retracted when they are deployed (the gear indicator is highlighted when they are retracted and it is off when they are deployed).

I did the initial install via CKAN. I did an uninstall of all 3 ASET mods, and then exited from CKAN. Then I went back into CKAN, and installed all 3 again. I'm still stuck with the wheel deployment being backwards from what is expected by _something_ in the program.

I have to sort of assume it is a simple flag inversion that I can correct, possibly in the persistant.sfs file, or in a config file within the mod, but I don't know which value I need to change.  

If there is a better fix, I'm not sure where to find it.

Just for the record, I'm using a ton of mods, but I seriously doubt that it is an interaction with any other mods.

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

I think that the ModuleCargoPart module got left out of the new default configuration for the rover wheel, meaning that it can't be used with stock construction. It got added to the old default configuration in enkido's commit back in October, but not the originally disabled one.

For anybody looking for a temporary fix add :

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoPart
        packedVolume = 116.8
    }

just before the last close brace in "GameData\ASET\PRC\KRoverWheel-stock.cfg" (Copied from the old default configuration)

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 12:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.0.5

• Added ModuleCargoPart to the stock wheel config

It seems that wheels do not deploy correctly when installed in EVA construction mode. Also, they cant be installed to the frame when it lay on the ground as the wheel clip into the ground. Not sure how that could be fixed trough.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.