A lot of empty nodes that in tech tree?

paul23

Well I've installed quite a few mods (including community tech tree etc), so it might be that items are missing.

But there seem to be a lot of empty nodes in my tech tree, nodes which have no items inside them, and all "nodes after it" are empty too; or it isn't a requirement for any future nodes. An example:

FaRaxlp.png

What is causing those ghost notes? Is there a problem with my installation that items are not loading?

Community tech tree adds a bunch of nodes that mods can use but doesn't fill any of them - this is so mods don't step all over each other adding duplicate or very similar nodes but it does leave empty nodes. There's another mod Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes that will remove the empty nodes - not sure if it works in 1.8.0 yet.

5 hours ago, wasml said:

Community tech tree adds a bunch of nodes that mods can use but doesn't fill any of them - this is so mods don't step all over each other adding duplicate or very similar nodes but it does leave empty nodes. There's another mod Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes that will remove the empty nodes - not sure if it works in 1.8.0 yet.

I just tested HETTN in 1.8 and it seems to work. I might be able to get an official update out this weekend.

5 hours ago, wasml said:

I have Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes working in 1.8, that node don't appear to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.