KSP 1.8 macOS Graphics

Anyone else having graphics glitch issues on KSP 1.8 running on 10.15 Catalina? Only shows up in full screen for me; windowed mode runs fine.

Working on a screenshot. The glitches go away when the screenshot tool is active and reappear after the shot is taken...

Edit: this Reddit thread (not mine but same issue) refers with an image. 

Edited by AngryKitty
Added link

3 hours ago, AngryKitty said:

Anyone else having graphics glitch issues on KSP 1.8 running on 10.15 Catalina? Only shows up in full screen for me; windowed mode runs fine.

Working on a screenshot. The glitches go away when the screenshot tool is active and reappear after the shot is taken...

Edit: this Reddit thread (not mine but same issue) refers with an image. 

I have this problem as well (2016 MacBook Pro, Catalina). Reverting to 1.7.3, everything is fine, reinstalling 1.8.0 it's back. As noted, putting the screenshot utility in the foreground causes the effect to go away...

1 hour ago, douglyuckling said:

FYI, this has been reported as a bug, but it doesn't have many votes: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23954

Thank you! Went to mash the like ASAP.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Interesting.

I'm running KSP 1.8 on a MacMini 5,1 on Sierra (10.12.6). And no glitches - the only difference is KSP running slightly faster on full screen.

Think this might be an issue with how KSP is handling Retina-resolution screen scaling. Doesn’t seem to happen when I use an external 1080p display. 

2 hours ago, AngryKitty said:

Temporary workaround (credit to @douglyuckling): 

Right-click on the KSP.app icon, click “Get Info”, then check the “Open in Low Resolution” box. Should allow normal play until this Unity bug gets fixed!

Can confirm that this works.

Now I just need to go through my mod list and figure out which one is blocking me from clicking on anything on the main menu. Sigh. 

Edit: Updating ContractConfigurator to the 1.8-appropriate version did the trick. 

Edited by dmsilev

8 hours ago, Lerxt777 said:

I have the same issue, however I have low resolution greyed out and ticked.....

You have to go to the actual KSP folder in steam and right click the ksp icon, NOT the steam desktop launcher icon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.