[1.10.x] PlanetShine 0.2.6.3

prestja

As neither @Valerian or @Papa_Joe seem to be maintaining PlanetShine, I've recompiled and updated PlanetShine for KSP 1.8 and higher. The functionality of PlanetShine remains largely the same, although debug lines are temporarily disabled while I resolve an issue with them.

Screenshots

WIP album

If you have any screenshots you'd like to share, please DM me a link so I may add them to the album with full credit.

Installation

PlanetShine can be installed through CKAN. Simply search for "PlanetShine".

Alternatively, you can download PlanetShine at the releases pages and extract to a folder. PlanetShine is installed like any other mod, by copying the GameData\PlanetShine folder into your GameData folder.

Source code can be found on GitHub.

The original (well, next to original) thread for this mod can be found below.

Credits

Special thanks to Valerian and Papa_Joe for all prior development of this mod. Should either wish to maintain this mod further, they are more than welcome to do so.

Licensed under Apache 2.0

Copyright 2014 Valerian Gaudeau

Edited by prestja
title update

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this, I was hoping there would be Planetshine for 1.8 but could never find it on CKAN. Hitherto I've been using an earlier version, and it works, but I kept getting this strange artifact associated either with engines or Kerbals. I also got the same red error message spammed in the debug menu while using it, talking about null objects and exceptions, so I'm assuming it was related. After a process of elimination I concluded it was Planetshine, because everything went back to normal after I removed it. Hopefully this 1.8 version will work correctly.&)

Thanks again. I really appreciate the work by mod-makers and those who continue their work.

2 hours ago, TimKerbin said:

Thanks for this, I was hoping there would be Planetshine for 1.8 but could never find it on CKAN. Hitherto I've been using an earlier version, and it works, but I kept getting this strange artifact associated either with engines or Kerbals. I also got the same red error message spammed in the debug menu while using it, talking about null objects and exceptions, so I'm assuming it was related. After a process of elimination I concluded it was Planetshine, because everything went back to normal after I removed it. Hopefully this 1.8 version will work correctly.&)

Thanks again. I really appreciate the work by mod-makers and those who continue their work.

Thanks for giving this a try! I'm overdue for CKAN support - got distracted by semester and all. Hopefully I'll get that done within the next week, should make it easier for people to find the 1.8 version.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Prathtel said:

What about 1.7.3 which version should i use for that

I'm trying to get a recompile for 1.7.3 up but I'm running into some issues. In the mean time, use the last version 0.2.5.3 through CKAN (KSP version 1.4). This adds the planet shine effect, but there's a side effect of a magenta plane sticking through the midsection of your craft. If I can get a recompile for 1.7 I'll let you know. Sorry for the trouble.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.