[1.10.x] PlanetShine 0.2.6.3

prestja

On 8/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, DeadJohn said:

Another reminder: CKAN still says 1.10.

Thank you. Will be updating that this weekend, hopefully.

54 minutes ago, Annastasya said:

I'm also seeing an issue with KSP 1.12.2.3167. The loading bar will not go past "Loading part upgrades" and the log shows an error regarding a NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object GameDatabase.CleanupLoaders... I have seen it stated that this is often caused by a DLL assembly missing information that KSP now checks for in 1.12+, most notibly something in regard to "file version" info not being found within the DLL which causes KSP to spin its wheels. With this mod and ModManager only loaded, the issue shows up. Without this mod the issue vanishes.

Thanks for the report, I haven't even attempted to spin up PlanetShine in 1.12. Will take a look soon.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, prestja said:

I haven't even attempted to spin up PlanetShine in 1.12. Will take a look soon.

Not for nothing, but I've been using PlanetShine as part of my JNSQ career game (with the usuals, EVE, Scatterer and so on) and it's been working perfectly. (EDIT: On 1.12.2, I mean.)

Edited by jefferyharrell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd chime in:

For me, moving to a new laptop, the latest Planetshine from https://github.com/prestja/ksp-planetshine/releases/ does work in 1.12 but only when I completely removed and replaced the mod folder. The release entry on the site says 0.2.6.3 but in-game, the Planetshine panel says 0.2.6.1 Beta still. The intensity settings absolutely work, no pink squares so far.

Hope this helps someone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@prestja This seems to be working fine in 1.12.3.  The UI says 0.2.6.1 beta but it's 0.2.6.3. Also I have eclipses active in Scatterer 0.0831 and I'm orbiting the Mun and Kerbin is eclipsing the sun. That works, Mun is dark, but PlanetShine is still illuminating the Mun side of the ship. It would nice if it integrated with Scatterer eclipses so it's totally dark. 

• 2 weeks later...

@prestja  you still maintaining Planetshine?  Would you like me to resume maintenance again?  Let me know.

Given that the last update was in 2019,I've gone ahead and built a new version of the mod for KSP 1.12.3. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume that I'm resuming maintenance of PlanetShine.

Further updates can be found in my original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173138 

Edited by Papa_Joe

4 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

@prestja  you still maintaining Planetshine?  Would you like me to resume maintenance again?  Let me know.

Given that the last update was in 2019,I've gone ahead and built a new version of the mod for KSP 1.12.3. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume that I'm resuming maintenance of PlanetShine.

Further updates can be found in my original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173138 

Either's fine by me, but good to see you on the forums again!

FYI there are two withstanding issues: debug mode was disabled in my last re-compile, and Kerbals in EVA mode do not receive planetshine.

I'd fix both, but I've been unable to compile DLLs with Visual Studio on my new machine for some time.

2 minutes ago, prestja said:

Either's fine by me, but good to see you on the forums again!

FYI there are two withstanding issues: debug mode was disabled in my last re-compile, and Kerbals in EVA mode do not receive planetshine.

I'd fix both, but I've been unable to compile DLLs with Visual Studio on my new machine for some time.

Thanks for the head's up.  I noted the issue with the debug mode.  I'm sure that is fine.  Less spam in the log is good.  As for the Kerbals I'll take a look after releasing a recompile.  If you wish to continue contributing, that is great by me.  If you are ok with it, I'll resume support and gladly accept any help you wish to provide.

10 hours ago, prestja said:

and Kerbals in EVA mode do not receive planetshine.

Oh, you actually remember that issue. Thanks for mentioning it. I left a message about that in the other thread as well before checking this one, so it's kind of redundant. But I guess it doesn't hurt to be sure. 

• 1 year later...

I have noticed that even with a planetshine config in my mod, the lighting is coming from Kerbol and not the nearest star.

with the debug mode, the yellow line is the star its using, right?
yc1wzM6.png

The star system is "Arcturus", with a bright star and close planet, which results in the current situation having about 54kW of solar radiation instead of the 1.3kW Kerbin gets. 

I have the config file in my mod where I add my own planets. it seems to recongnize the planet and how bright it is (Solis, the planet im orbiting, uses Eve's color, and its parent star Arcturus is 13 solar luminousities)

kobVC8l.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.