The Likelihood of Remaking the Galaxy from Star Wars

With the future release of Kerbal Space Program 2 and use of mods, do think there is a possibility of recreating the galaxy from the Star Wars Series?

In my opinion, it's very likely since KSP 2 allows the player for interstellar travel. 

What do you guys think about this topic? Write your thoughts down below.

1 hour ago, Eli the Space Nerd said:

Obviously not in the stock game.

Just in mods after the release of KSP 2.

With rask/rusk as a binary system that enables tatooines double star and with the expanded modability(especially for solar systems) I see no reason why not

13 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

The biggest problem will be avoiding the wrath of Disney. 

Disney has been highly tolerant of Star Wars fan projects as long as they're strictly non-commercial and make it clear the IP still belongs to them. It's good marketing. 

Citation: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/star-wars-fan-games/234466/star-wars-the-fan-games

16 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Disney has been highly tolerant of Star Wars fan projects as long as they're strictly non-commercial and make it clear the IP still belongs to them. It's good marketing. 

Citation: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/star-wars-fan-games/234466/star-wars-the-fan-games

1 data point doesn't prove anything ... Disney is notorious for going after fan works

Take Star Wars Theory for example ... he had explicit permission from Lucas Arts to do a fan film and then Disney hit him hard with the hammer (dude spent $150000 to make ir)

If it wasn't for his community and the bad press then Lucas Arts would have never piped up and said anything

Disney tried to crush the guy when he already had permission to use the IP

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

1 data point doesn't prove anything ... Disney is notorious for going after fan works

Take Star Wars Theory for example ... he had explicit permission from Lucas Arts to do a fan film and then Disney hit him hard with the hammer (dude spent $150000 to make ir)

If it wasn't for his community and the bad press then Lucas Arts would have never piped up and said anything

Reveal hidden contents

I hate disney pretty intently, but there is a lot more than one datapoint.  I can practically count on three hands the number of active star wars game conversions they could go after, bur have not.  As for why?  Heck if I know, but I'm sure some calculator somewhere told them it'd make them more money than waging war on fans.

Edited by R-T-B

Even if it becomes possible to recreate the galaxy, none of those ridiculous vehicles will ever operate the way the nonsensical films illustrate.  If KSP has spacecraft flying like planes, 'capital ships' built the wrong way around and/or with hopelessly asymmetrical thrust it would be just as rubbish as elite.  There would certainly be no point in any attempt at realistic physics.

10 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Even if it becomes possible to recreate the galaxy, none of those ridiculous vehicles will ever operate the way the nonsensical films illustrate.  If KSP has spacecraft flying like planes, 'capital ships' built the wrong way around and/or with hopelessly asymmetrical thrust it would be just as rubbish as elite.  There would certainly be no point in any attempt at realistic physics.

I'm... not so sure about that. 

A Star Wars total conversion -- minus the turbo-lasers -- might be fun. It'd be quite different from the films of course, but still potentially fun. You would certainly need to add a bunch of magic tech -- repulsor lifts, ridiculously high TWR/Isp engines, hyperdrive -- but you could still keep the Newtonian physics. Make it about exploration and trade, and tie unlocking the tech tree to making trade contracts with the various suppliers in the universe. 

I'd play that and I'm not even a massive Star Wars fan (anymore).

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Reveal hidden contents

Disney did NOT file a copyright claim against SWT.
It was another company, Warner Chappell Music, who owns a Disney license.
Disney had no involvement in the matter.

Besides, that fan-film isn't even particurarly good, despite costing a lot.

3 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

but you could still keep the Newtonian physics

Why, what use would physics be in a star wars universe?  A universe which appears to lack a third dimension and inertia.  Hollywood gets everything about space wrong and so does every 'space' game except KSP.  Why ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish?

11 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Why, what use would physics be in a star wars universe?  A universe which appears to lack a third dimension and inertia.  Hollywood gets everything about space wrong and so does every 'space' game except KSP.  Why ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish?

You could just have said "I don't like Star Wars" and left it at that.

Just now, Brikoleur said:

You could just have said "I don't like Star Wars" and left it at that.

*Grin* That would have been to miss the opportunity to express my loathing of every other representation of 'space' by Hollywood and the games industry.

2 minutes ago, Pecan said:

*Grin* That would have been to miss the opportunity to express my loathing of every other representation of 'space' by Hollywood and the games industry.

You do know that Star Wars is a fantasy franchise and not a science-fiction franchise? It doesn't try to be realistic and it doesn't need to be.
That's like saying you dislike Harry Potter because it fails in representing going to a boarding school in the UK.

11 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

You do know that Star Wars is a fantasy franchise and not a science-fiction franchise? It doesn't try to be realistic and it doesn't need to be.
That's like saying you dislike Harry Potter because it fails in representing going to a boarding school in the UK.

Star Wars is a teen-power wet-dream franchise with nothing to do with anything outside selling merchandise.  That's why every ship, vehicle and character have distinct styling, with not even the slightest nod to consistency or internal logic, let alone anything ressembling reality.  Marketing budget = $millions, continuity & logic budget = $0.02.  So what?  It's not alone in that - Hollywood is consistently wrong about everything and I don't waste my time on nonsense.

My point remains; why ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish?

Edited by Pecan

5 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Star Wars is a teen-power wet-dream franchise with nothing to do with anything outside selling merchandise.  That's why every ship, vehicle and character have distinct styling, with not even the slightest nod to consistency or internal logic, let alone anything ressembling reality.  Marketing budget = $millions, continuity & logic budget = $0.02.  So what?  It's not alone in that - Hollywood is consistently wrong about everything and I don't waste my time on nonsense.

My point remains; why ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish?

Because every single Hollywood film needs to be 100% consistent, logical and correct according to real-world physics?

Must be sad to hate every single fantasy franchise in existence.

Just now, T1mo98 said:

Because every single Hollywood film needs to be 100% consistent, logical and correct according to real-world physics?

Must be sad to hate every single fantasy franchise in existence.

You want to ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets because every single Hollywood film needs to be 100% consistent, logical and correct according to real-world physics?  Now you're making even less sense than At World's End.

I wouldn't know what it's like to hate every single fantasy franchise in existence because I don't.  Can't think of any Hollywood versions I don't detest, but that's not the same as hate anyway.

Let's start again and see if you can be brave and not cry just because someone doesn't have exactly the same opinions as you ...

What I said and am saying is; 1) the physics in Star Wars is so unrealistic and inconsistent there would be no reason to model it, 2) this is true of everything Hollywood and the games industry produces except KSP, 3) there's no reason to ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish.

Now - do you have a reason to ruin KSP?

You want to ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets because every single Hollywood film needs to be 100% consistent, logical and correct according to real-world physics?  Now you're making even less sense than At World's End.

It was a question to you, because you apparently think everything has to be 'realistic' 

I wouldn't know what it's like to hate every single fantasy franchise in existence because I don't.  Can't think of any Hollywood versions I don't detest, but that's not the same as hate anyway.

That's a contradiction. 

1) the physics in Star Wars is so unrealistic and inconsistent there would be no reason to model it

Nobody here is asking for that. Learn to read, they're asking to recreate the galaxy, as in, the planets and star systems.
In fact, YOU were the person to bring up the vehicles and physics in the first place.

2) this is true of everything Hollywood and the games industry produces except

You've still not given a reason why Hollywood should be realistic. 

3) there's no reason to ruin the one game that represents real physics and rockets when everything else already does that rubbish.

It's a mod suggestion and it wouldn't be the first mod to not be realistic. You're extremely overreacting with a side of being very toxic towards an entertainment franchise.

Now - do you have a reason to ruin KSP?

Learn to read usernames and not conflate comments made by different people. I never suggested anything from Star Wars to be added into KSP.

6 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

That's a contradiction. 

How is it a contradiction?

Just now, MiscelanousItem said:

How is it a contradiction?

He's saying he doesn't hate every fantasy franchise, with the next sentence being he detests, which practically means the same as hate, every fantasy franchise he's seen.

Unless you're being 100% literal, that's a contradiction. And if he's being 100% literal, than he's discussing in very bad faith.

13 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

It was a question to you, because you apparently think everything has to be 'realistic' 

That's a contradiction. 

Nobody here is asking for that. Learn to read, they're asking to recreate the galaxy, as in, the planets and star systems.
In fact, YOU were the person to bring up the vehicles and physics in the first place.

You've still not given a reason why Hollywood should be realistic. 

It's a mod suggestion and it wouldn't be the first mod to not be realistic. You're extremely overreacting with a side of being very toxic towards an entertainment franchise.

Learn to read usernames and not conflate comments made by different people. I never suggested anything from Star Wars to be added into KSP.

Ok, I'll do this just once then stop talking to you, since it seems as pointless as star wars physics.

1. I do not think and have never said that everything has to be realistic.  I said that I don't waste my time on Hollywood nonsense.
  2. No it isn't because apart from everything else Hollywood does not represent 'every single fantasy franchise in existence'
  3. Brikoleur said "but you could still keep the Newtonian physics"
  4. I never said Hollywood should be realistic.
  5. Boohoo
  6. That's a 'no' then
Edited by Pecan