What if renaming a thread would get it up, like the new posts do?

kerbiloid

A typical situation: a mod gets updated.
Its thread then gets renamed by the author from "[1.x] The Mod" to "[1.y] The Mod".
So, now we can see this...
...if occasionally have a look at the 6th page of "Add-On Releases".

It's not a problem with a particular mod to check it daily, but becomes a mess on every new KSP release, when updated mods appear at pages from 1th to 20th like mushrooms after a rain.

Could the forum engine, please, treat the thread renaming like a new post and put the renamed topic in the beginning of the thread list?

9 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Unfortunately the forum software doesn't support a feature like that.

Actually, I'd say "fortunately", because experience has shown that if we had such a feature, people would abuse the heck out of it to push their threads to the top.  It would create tons of noise, plus it would likely be confusing to people who would be asking "why is this thread that hasn't had a post in months at the top of the first page?"

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

And autocreating a new heads-up post on renaming, too?

Also not a feature, but easily worked around by the thread owner. For example, whenever I update one of my mods, I rename the thread with the updated version, yes... but I also make a "Hi everyone, I've released version N, here's what changed" post in the thread. Everyone wins. :)

• 3 weeks later...

You can also "follow" a mods thread. Most, if not all modders will make a "I've just updated and here's the changelog" post and you'll get a notification when that happens. - I appreciate that's not ideal, because you get notified of any posts at all, but if you set it to "daily/weekly notifications" it's quite manageable.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, Snark said:

Also not a feature, but easily worked around by the thread owner. For example, whenever I update one of my mods, I rename the thread with the updated version, yes... but I also make a "Hi everyone, I've released version N, here's what changed" post in the thread. Everyone wins. :)

Me too.  I always post to mod threads when I do an update, with the version number and a list of the changes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.