ksp 1.9

I really would like the next update to be dedicated to stability and bug fixes. I just started a backup on 1.8 and my second mission on minmus I started having problems. the element braking ground could not transmit science, so I played a little with time. my rocket went through the ground and it's destroyed.
I think that given the quality of content that you are creating it would be cool to solve the problem that breaks a save in a few seconds.At the moment, I admit that I have not even turned on the game because the settings do not fit and with the other problem it's just tiring.

thanx for all your work and for the the content.

2 minutes ago, jojo5144 said:

oh ok, so I'm waiting for 1.8.1. I hope that it will solve my worries.

i am waiting also, maybe they should HURRY UP so we don't have to wait so long ?

(OR release betas for community testing, instead of steam auto-installs breaking stock games).

4 hours ago, k00b said:

i am waiting also, maybe they should HURRY UP so we don't have to wait so long ?

Squad is a very small company and is known well for rushed releases. And anything rushed will lack in quality and stability so I (and many mod makers) would much rather Squad take their good, good time and for players at large to learn to take their game out of Steam and make the most of it. 1.3.1 is technically legendary regarding quality and stability.

With how messy 1.8.0 is looking it would be a much better idea if Squad timed this one for Christmas. Furthermore, you don't pay $$ per KSP release so nobody has the authority to rush Squad.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Squad is a very small company and is known well for rushed releases.

Furthermore, you don't pay $$ per KSP release so nobody has the authority to rush Squad.

then they "rush" to force a "beta test" with dangled moar boosters carrot (correlating with people complaining about 1.8 unity "data harvesting") ?.

...i just stop playing / start complaining.

8 minutes ago, OutOfAblator said:

you can set steam to not update Kerbal and play on an older release.

That requires active action from a customer. So the default *is* to expect and get updates: and we as customer can reasonably expect reasonable bug free software. And fixing of bugs in a reasonable amount of time.

Since there is always a solution "go back to previous version" - it's not like you cannot play older version after a new version has come out- waiting a month or two is actually reasonable though.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Next update will be 1.8.1, and will most likely be bug fixes, etc.

All initial 1.x releases have problems, QA can only test so much.  And sometimes simple things get through for various reasons

I think a major update dedicated solely to QOL changes and tons of bug-fixes as well as smaller additions to the game would be nice.

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I'm afraid, 1.9 will be an LTS release, mathematically followed by 2.0.

Corrected.

Maths and logic don't apply to versioning, but that was discussed over and over a billion times already.

I don't know, 1.8 was working for me flawlessly, so there indeed were some optimizations and bugfixes, but since some people report even more groundbreaking issues, I expect 1.8.1 to be only for fixing them. Any more graphical upgrades should appear later.

To @OP - really? After all this time you think an update focused on bugfixes is a good idea? Don't you see that angry crowd complaining about the lack of new features? I do.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not really,  what about 1.10, 1.11, etc?

If T2 will allow development of a game competing with its mainstream version which is probably KSP-2, not just long-time supporting the already sold.

21 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Maths and logic don't apply to versioning

That's clear. But 1.9 is a good number to say "and now buy 2.0".

Edited by kerbiloid

9 hours ago, OutOfAblator said:

you can set steam to not update Kerbal and play on an older release.

After initial download and installation, I recommend to make a copy of the game to another place, e.g. "C:\Kerbal Space Program" and play the game from that directory, this way you'll never get any unexpected updates/changes via Steam. Also, I suggest to make a backup at regular intervals from your game directory (a simple robocopy works perfect), better safe than sorry :) 

20 hours ago, paul23 said:

That requires active action from a customer. So the default *is* to expect and get updates: and we as customer can reasonably expect reasonable bug free software. And fixing of bugs in a reasonable amount of time.

"we as customer can reasonably expect reasonable bug free software" - You can with KSP2, which is coded by a major developer. KSP was developed by a small independent studio that never had a game release before. It struggles with 7+ years of legacy codebase. It was on Steam Early Access prior to the 1.0 launch. Do you know of any Steam Early Access project that was reasonably bug-free? Personally, I've seen very few. We as customers can reasonably expect to have, at some point, a stable product without major bugs. (which was fulfilled in 1.3.1) We can furthermore expect that any future release which adds functionality will introduce new bugs. We can also reasonably expect that 1.8.x might be the final release of the game. (but it might not)

Squad has no obligation to release any more updates to the game - we all paid for the finished version as-is, and the game has been around long enough and generated enough commentary in this forum and on Steam that no one can reasonably claim the existing issues and legacy problems weren't advertised or known. No one is going in blind unless they choose to. We can hope for a bug-free release, but we can't expect it, and they're not obligated to provide it. As a small shop, they really can't afford to pay a large QA team. And given the complexity of the game, and its moddability, there's no way they can predict all of the ways someone is using the game and guard against all possible bugs.

That said, I'd like to see them resurrect their limited release betas that they had prior to the Take Two acquisition.

19 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I guess, the 1.8.x will be dedicated to planets and rest of stock parts revamping.
I'm afraid, 1.9 will be an LTS release, logically followed by 2.0.

Historically, Squad would have done 1.10, 1.11, etc as pointed out above. Excepting things like going from 0.24 to 0.99 or whatever it was immediately prior to release (I can't recall the exact particulars anymore).

54 minutes ago, paul23 said:

I'm still waiting on the second gas giant that was promised when I bought ksp (0.24)

Why wait when there are so many awesome Kopernicus mods that do exactly that?

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

I'm aware. But previously there was no the competing KSP 2.0, so I hope there will be and 1.123 , but T2 can think different.

Well, it does suggest they'd be more inclined to follow their existing standard, not less.

Are you already talking about version 1.9?
Would fix bugs in 1.8. As soon as possible.
In general, personally, I think. Version 1.9 (maybe even 1.9.5) will be released and that’s it.
I think 1.9 may come out next year, before the release of KSP 2.
That's what they intended. Type KSP 2 is already version 2.0, but for a fee :)

Just consider each 1.x.0 release to be a buggy ride and wait a month or two for it to be ironed out in the 1.x.1-2-3 updates and you wont be dissapointed...ive learned that the hard way simply from the mods I like to play with.

1.8 was a pretty big shift I think since they switched up the unity version. I dont know if anyone was expecting that..but when I read that..I instantly knew I wouldnt be playing 1.8 for at least another month..be it stock bugs..or mods that need recompiling to the new unity build.

At this point...if anyone is still complaining about game breaking because of an auto update...thats a little crazy id say. Dont let it update, play off a seperate (non steam) directory or actively choose a previous version. There are 3 options..just pick one. Unless you are coming in fresh..you should know this by now. And even if you dont..like others have said..its not like this is new as far as the life of the game goes..each new version release has had issues at the initial launch in one way or another. Squad fixes most of em in the next patch..so just be patient and play on older versions.

5 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Just consider each 1.x.0 release to be a buggy ride and wait a month or two for it to be ironed out in the 1.x.1-2-3 updates and you wont be dissapointed...ive learned that the hard way simply from the mods I like to play with.

1.8 was a pretty big shift I think since they switched up the unity version. I dont know if anyone was expecting that..but when I read that..I instantly knew I wouldnt be playing 1.8 for at least another month..be it stock bugs..or mods that need recompiling to the new unity build.

At this point...if anyone is still complaining about game breaking because of an auto update...thats a little crazy id say. Dont let it update, play off a seperate (non steam) directory or actively choose a previous version. There are 3 options..just pick one. Unless you are coming in fresh..you should know this by now. And even if you dont..like others have said..its not like this is new as far as the life of the game goes..each new version release has had issues at the initial launch in one way or another. Squad fixes most of em in the next patch..so just be patient and play on older versions.

"Golden words" - as they say in Russia.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Supporting the "already sold" doesn't generate revenue

it gives them their fix so they will buy #2 #3 etc.

when is KSP3 coming out anyway ? do you guys know (i heard there was going to be motorboats, aliens, clouds and black holes in it ???).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.