ksp 1.9

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If KSP q is selling, why should thet stop?

Why should they stop selling? They shouldn't.
Why would they start developing a new version competing with the currently being sold one if they don't want it be the branch in development, freezing the KSP-1 in LTS state?

it's really bad what is said on this topic. too much ungrateful player. it's ugly.

I regret to have opened this topic and I apologize for the nullity that can be read here.

Yes they make money with their game. as you earned money with your work, where is the problem?

This topic was not open for talking about this.

No more spitting on squad.

you're lucky that squad work on this game. if you are not happy go play at ea games.

Edited by jojo5144

20 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Who promised you that and do you still have a link?

Because I was never promised that nor have I ever seen them mention it.

It used to be on the roadmap on the official website. I can't find the roadmap anymore though.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Who promised you that and do you still have a link?

Because I was never promised that nor have I ever seen them mention it.

It was certainly talked about.  I don't believe it was ever promised.  Some people on the internet think a company mentioning they would like to do something is akin to them pinky swearing they absolutely will do something.

6 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

It was certainly talked about.  I don't believe it was ever promised.  Some people on the internet think a company mentioning they would like to do something is akin to them pinky swearing they absolutely will do something.

Yet it is: when you (as customer) make a deal, and somewhere it is written in a roadmap "xyz" will be there, that is actually a deal. Customers can always take the benefit of the doubt in the EU, and we ought to stand strong and not let companies run over us like we do ever since google took over.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:57 PM, paul23 said:

Yet it is: when you (as customer) make a deal, and somewhere it is written in a roadmap "xyz" will be there, that is actually a deal. Customers can always take the benefit of the doubt in the EU, and we ought to stand strong and not let companies run over us like we do ever since google took over.

Except that the 'roadmap' as i recall was an "unofficial" list created on wiki by a non Squad employee.

Yes, Squad have mentioned many things they have thought about, or would like to include if they can. But that does not constitute a promise that they will, or even can.

16 minutes ago, Saturn5tony said:

Being that I am so new to KSP and have seen great comments about version 1.7.3,  I was looking at getting that soon. I have not purchased it yet, so can I ask for 1.7.3 and not get 1.8 for right now. Or am I in at that time where I will only get the latest release?

You can choose which version of the game you want through the Steam properties (under the 'Betas' tab), all the way down to 1.0.5. You can always change it later.

14 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

You can choose which version of the game you want through the Steam properties (under the 'Betas' tab), all the way down to 1.0.5. You can always change it later.

Oh that is really cool! I may try that that. I was going to buy it online from KSP directly because I am not sure about other 3rd party people yet. Good to know tho because 1.7.3 looks like something I would really enjoy and invest in. This seems more than just a game as well and at this moment I dont need odd failing issues, so dependability while I learn is very important. I will be getting both DLC's as well!

Edited by Saturn5tony

1 hour ago, Saturn5tony said:

Oh that is really cool! I may try that that. I was going to buy it online from KSP directly because I am not sure about other 3rd party people yet. Good to know tho because 1.7.3 looks like something I would really enjoy and invest in. This seems more than just a game as well and at this moment I dont need odd failing issues, so dependability while I learn is very important. I will be getting both DLC's as well!

Steam is a very reliable and well-established marketplace, so getting it there is not a bad idea, it also helps to keep all your games organized.

1.8 does perform a lot better than 1.7.3, so if you don’t have an amazing PC, I recommend you try 1.8 first and if that doesn’t work properly downgrade to 1.7.3.

Good luck though, and I hope you have a ton of fun and learn something!

Personally I think that KSP will have a major update fixing bugs, revamping parts and finishing the terrain improvements, plus adding some final parts to Breaking Ground and maybe Making History (I really want some more 1.875m parts!) or even filling gaps in the stock lineup (we can but hope).

@Fierce Wolf Why would you think that 1.9 isn't coming at some point? It's been said multiple times, SQUAD will continue development of KSP1 even after the release of KSP2. The games will run alongside each other for the foreseeable future.

Also, I don't think we'll get 1.8.2, I think it'll just jump straight to 1.9.0. With the exception of the versions where the DLCs were released, they've stuck to a format of one minor update to every major version change.

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Also, I don't think we'll get 1.8.2, I think it'll just jump straight to 1.9.0. With the exception of the versions where the DLCs were released, they've stuck to a format of one minor update to every major version change.

Actually, they do minor releases as necessary.  If there aren't any significant issues, then they won't bother

18 minutes ago, fulgur said:

I really want some more 1.875m parts!

Your wish (includes 1.875 SRB part):

That looks very cool and I will definitely be including it in a future modded install when I have more RAM (that is, Soon™). But I meant more crew cabins, batteries, docking ports, monoprop tanks, low profile landing engines, maybe even a mini lab. Because for some things 2.5m is far too big.

16 minutes ago, Fierce Wolf said:

If KSP1 runs parallel to KSP2 then an expansion is due, SQUAD needs to make money, after all. I understood they sold the rights to Star Theory

They sold the rights to Private Division (which is itself a subcompany of Take2 Interactive). Private Division also owns Star Theory - which is why they’re making KSP2 in the first place - but other than that Star Theory and SQUAD are separate companies.

Edited by RealKerbal3x
added clarification

In a perfect world I would definitely want a 1.9 but it probably wont be a huge update. Possibly some more parts and bug fixes. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one more DLC expansion. I would absolutely love a modern rocketry DLC with Falcon 9 Blue Origin and SLS parts. 

The biggest update I hope for is the incremental GC from the latest Unity update.

This will stop one of the major sources of stutter in the game.

Edited by Ruedii
Info as to why.

Well most plainly, they aren't done with the Kerbol System's overall texture revamp, so there will be at least a 1.9. It's such a night-and-day difference that I'm sure their aim is to hit all the celestial bodies. I'm very excited for the probable Kerbin revamp. The real question is what major things they might add after 1.9.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.