ksp 1.9

Going by current trends I'd say expect 1.9 sometime in March 2020 (say around the 10th)

Not sure if there's anything show-stopping which requires a 1.8.2 release though? (can't see any high/severe issues for 1.8.1 in the bugtracker)

19 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

The biggest update I hope for is the incremental GC from the latest Unity update.

Incremental GC was part of 1.8 so that's already in-game

10 hours ago, Elro2k said:

In a perfect world I would definitely want a 1.9 but it probably wont be a huge update. Possibly some more parts and bug fixes. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one more DLC expansion. I would absolutely love a modern rocketry DLC with Falcon 9 Blue Origin and SLS parts. 

I would rather that be for the KSP sequel all ready got plenty of mods for that for the original game. 

If T2 was going to keep KSP-1 being the development branch, why would they start the competing KSP-2 from another maintainer?

On other hand, they have to keep supporting KSP-1 customers, and they performed the Unity 2019 update, and they started the planets revamp, and they keep revamping stock parts.

The KSP-2 presumably will appear next spring, i.e. 6 months later.

Squad releases KSP-1 versions once per about three months.

So, I would expect that next two releases (1.8.2 and 1.8.3) will finish the rest of parts and planets revamping and debug the programming API to be more or less stable with no new major features.
And that after 1.8.2 in winter (February?), they will release the 1.8.3 as 1.9 next to the KSP-2 release.
Then, I guess, they will declare this 1.8.3 1.9 as stable LTS branch and freeze its development, but keep supporting, debugging, patching. So, there probably will be 1.9.1 somewhere next summer/autumn, and 1.9.2 as cumulative bugfix releases.

Then, I guess, KSP-2 becomes the development branch for those who desires new features, while KSP-1 (still on Steam) becomes a stable old classics with no further development.
Then, I guess, it will cost almost as KSP-2 to force buying the latter.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 11/6/2019 at 1:47 AM, The Aziz said:

We have these since 0.23.5

All 3.75m parts were inspired by sls.

True we have some parts. But we haven't gotten a texture update for the mammoth engine, no stock single RL-10 engine replica (the poodle but that's two bells not one), no interim cryogenic propulsion stage, no Boeing Exploration upper stage and no orion capsule...

There are plenty of parts they can add for SLS

Edited by Elro2k

Just as long as the final update doesn't add the usual new update bug I'll be happy.  I'm actually looking forward to KSP1 finally finishing it's development.  Hopefully with all planets updated to avoid to much artistic geology.

We're definitely getting a 1.9, but I wouldn't be surrprised to see 1.10.4 being the finished version of KSP1.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, T1mo98 said:

1.8 does perform a lot better than 1.7.3, so if you don’t have an amazing PC, I recommend you try 1.8 first and if that doesn’t work properly downgrade to 1.7.3.

I second this!

My 2015 MacBook Air with its pitiful 2GB RAM used to barely be able to run KSP’s flight scene at 15 FPS at best, no physwarp. 

Now, the game runs at over 20 FPS typically, and on the Munar surface, the game runs at 120 FPS!  Munar ascent is an amazing 45 FPS. I felt like I was playing an entirely different game!

Edited by Fraston

4 hours ago, Fraston said:

I second this!

My 2015 MacBook Air with its pitiful 2GB RAM used to barely be able to run KSP’s flight scene at 15 FPS at best, no physwarp. 

Now, the game runs at over 20 FPS typically, and on the Munar surface, the game runs at 120 FPS!  Munar ascent is an amazing 45 FPS. I felt like I was playing an entirely different game!

Reading your FPS numbers makes me grateful that I don't game on a Macbook.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense or arguing intended here, so please do not take it as anything more than a personal opinion.  lol.  But has anyone realized that almost every major title has major bugs throughout it's history, and only gets ironed out YEARS after it's release (with very few content updates being free these days to top it off)?  Fallout 4 is a prime example.  Still has a lot of bugs, and it's getting updates consistently.  However most of their updates and bug fixes are addressing the store items, not the actual game.  I've only been playing KSP since 1.7.3, and it was only a couple months before the release of 1.8.  I'm grateful for what they are doing.  I hope they don't stop honestly because I'm in love with this game.  I've already gotten 789 hours of gameplay in.  I have just shy of that on Fallout 4 and I bought that 2 months after the initial release!  Constant updates is a hard thing to find in anything but massive multiplayer pay to win games these days.  Wow stayed popular for so long because it had so many quality of life updates tossed at it, to keep the crowd buying more.  They had to.  Kerbal isn't like that.  At all, yet they release updates as often as possible with no more than a hope that more people will buy the game.  That's, to me, how it should be.  That's how it used to be.  Modders are doing the same thing.  There are more quality mods for Kerbal than I have seen for any game (and they are almost entirely bug free if you don't download a conflicting set of mods).  That's impressive.  I am grateful for the mods I use, as much as I am for the game and the dlc.  Then again maybe it's the era I grew up in.  I come from the original NES generation.  I bought my first NES with allowance money, when games weren't easy to come by and were still brand new ideas.  We didn't know what updates were.  Most of us didn't know you could play games on a computer either, nor did most of us OWN a computer yet.  I didn't get one in my home until 98.  lol.  Anyway I know that dated me a little (36 btw, so I'm not that old yet but it sure feels it some days).  But the point of the entire thing was that we need to appreciate things more.  We need to accept that what we are getting is great, and take responsibility.  Play it and be happy, or be happy you had the chance and move on, right?  Support the developers.  They have skills so many of us will never be capable of achieving.  And even if we did, they did it for us.  This game is for US as much as as it is for their pocket.  That's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.