Satellites have corners of a square around them.

The crafts in career contracts i.e. reposition satellite, will have a coloured box around them in map/orbital view

edit: I mostly notice them on my "bring tourists to station" contracts, thought it was stock

Edited by Joghert

https://imgur.com/a/wJH9rIK

Probably need to zoom to see it. Usually it is blue I think but this time its red. I don't think it has to do with KerbalNet or CommLink. Could it maybe signify whether the satellite is in a stable orbit or not? This particular satellite is on its way to Mun but I have not done the insertion burn yet and therefore it is on a slingshot to nowhere. I'll check it again to see if the color changes once I burn to stable Munar orbit.

Edited by r3_141592654
Additional Question

9 minutes ago, katateochi said:

Are you using ContractPacks? I've seen markers like that around vessels that are involved in a ContractPack contract before (specifically Tourism Plus). 

I am using DMagic I think. This is a satellite with the Little Brother Surveillance Camera on it to go into a specified Munar polar orbit for 35 days I think. Long term reconnaissance survey of Mun. I'm not sure why it is red though, unless maybe it turns green or blue once the specified orbit is achieved? This isn't part of the Tourism Plus pack I don't think, but I do have that one installed too.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.