What are those dots against kerbol?

paul23

Well I just noticed two distinct dots in my flight against the kerbol background. At first I thought it was the Mun & minmus, or maybe eve & moho. But closer inspection showed that the mun & minmus are "behind" me right now. And Moho & Eve are on the opposite of Kerbol

PTM6OAG.png

Eve/Moho position: https://imgur.com/IA5hDns

So what am I looking at?

32 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Aliens.

Seriously though...  Asteroid type bodies, maybe? 

Aren't asteroids only loaded after you upgrade the tracking station?  (otherwise, at what distance can you still see them?)

10 minutes ago, paul23 said:

Aren't asteroids only loaded after you upgrade the tracking station?  (otherwise, at what distance can you still see them?)

I really don't know the answer to this.

Could they possibly be artifacts?

I don't believe you are using MechJeb, but MJ has COM and other indicators available, and they appear as dots on the the screen.   When you enter timewarp, they tend to jump all over the place, outside of the vessel.    That's what these look like to me. 

And until we prove otherwise, we'll leave this thread here as I think it's mod related.  :D

Well if it was mechjeb it would've stayed "on screen" position (though I don't have the upgrade to show those things  for mechjeb anyways). These two dots "stay in space" (relative to kerbol). I saw them already half an 'hour' before when I was on the other side of kerbin, with a slight different position regarding kerbol (even more to the side).

I believe these are other planets. I think (take with a grain of salt) KSP uses some tricks to make it appear there's a star out there but the illusion breaks down if there's a planet behind the star - it will appear in font and break the illusion. And you do see the planets as you should if they're between you and the star.

Edited by wasml

31 minutes ago, wasml said:

I believe these are other planets. I think (take with a grain of salt) KSP uses some tricks to make it appear there's a star out there but the illusion breaks down if there's a planet behind the star - it will appear in font and break the illusion. And you do see the planets as you should if they're between you and the star.

Just eyeballing Moho and Eve in your system map, they do look to be pretty much were those dots are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.