[1.8] v1.0 Chrayol Design Org. - ISRO Mod

DylanSemrau

This mod aims to add a number of different ISRO rockets and spacecraft to the game.

Eventually the plan is to add SLV, GSLV MK1-3, RLV, along with a couple of probes (Ex. Chandrayaan, Mangalyaan etc).

B9 Part Switch and Simple Adjustable Fairings are required for a few parts.

Downloads:

Github

SpaceDock

GHzqbhn.pngwgjfpxn.pngp7O7ffe.png

Thanks to @Friznitfor this beautiful build guide!

z1mr3BZ.png

Development parts - https://github.com/DylanSemrau/Chrayol-Design-Org.-Development/tree/development

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by DylanSemrau

Now that's good quality. :) Are you going for "BDB-compatible" scaling? PSLV would work out to about 1.875 (slightly overscaled, but should be all right), which feels like a good size for it.

Also, don't forget the water tank for Vikas. :)  

12 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Now that's good quality. :) Are you going for "BDB-compatible" scaling? PSLV would work out to about 1.875 (slightly overscaled, but should be all right), which feels like a good size for it.

Also, don't forget the water tank for Vikas. :)  

Yup it’s 1.875m, I also mostly learned how to texture from cobalt so these shouldn’t clash too much with his parts if you wanna kit bash :p

Of course I want to kitbash. :) This is KSP, after all.

BTW, did you think about talking to @Well, as well? :) As it happens, Vikas series are pretty much license-produced Viking enignes:
VIKAS-Evolution.jpg

Viking engines in his mod are currently somewhat lacking in detail, and the main difference is the nozzle, so the most complex modeling could be reused.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Did a lot of texturing, just three parts left for the fourth stage, here's where we're at.

XkLsuqc.png

The stage is designed to be highly modular, so you can make the many configurations that it can be found in irl, or you can make your own thing.

VUQCyWy.pngQYMUTRC.pngYbhbmE3.png

Stuff should be textured by the end of the weekend, and since I'm off school on Monday (assuming everything's done) this'll get put in game, and released soon-ish. Third stage will also get some love within the next week, so stay tuned.

Edited by DylanSemrau

Boop

xdgs5n5.png

pretty nearly done with texturing, just some small things left by this point. Gonna be working most of the weekend to get everything ready for a *ahem* release omg dylan's actually releasing a mod?!? no way!

Not gonna say when that'll be ready cuz I don't trust myself to keep up with that date (and let's be honest, neither do you), but I'll say within the next two weeks seems reasonable for getting a good, stable version going.

This looks so good!! I was wondering if you were going to model the roll control thrusters on the S2 with the covers being jettisoned after the stage ignites.

Edit: after looking at the reddit post again the Location of the roll controll thrusters seem to be under the other two white covers since its easyer to controll roll with two thrusters 180 degrees apart instead of one.

Edited by arconaut

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.