How to change texture file name of the mu. files

galvatron315

You guys know the BD Armorys Armor Plates i want to duplicate them and give different texture to them. I using armor plates as structural parts for my star destroyers . I did copy armor plates folder and edit needed things in cfg. Except one thing; texture. Cfg file has not texture file name and directory line. But even so it is always using bd armory texture file directory. I want to change directory and texture file name. How to do this? (Please speak simple, my english not eough to understand complicated sentences)r0a1rP.pngGZgDV3.jpgr0a1lV.jpg

Edited by galvatron315

In the config file you will see this:

PART
{
name = BD1x1slopeArmor
module = Part
author = SpannerMonkey
buoyancy = -1
rescaleFactor = 1

MODEL
        {
            model = BDArmory/Parts/ArmorPlate/BD1x1slopeArmor
            scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
        }

NODE
    {
        name = Node1
        transform = Node1
        size = 0
        method = FIXED_JOINT
    }

<snipped by me>

the bold part is what you are interested in .... add this: texture = EYEGrey, OrX/Parts/HoloKron/textureV

MODEL
        {
            model = BDArmory/Parts/ArmorPlate/BD1x1slopeArmor
            texture = EYEGrey, OrX/Parts/HoloKron/textureV
            scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
        }

Then all you need to do is change the OrX/Parts/HoloKron/textureV to the path of the texture you want to use (the root folder is GameData so the format would be 'directory of the mod' / 'subdirectory the texture is in' / 'the textures filename without the extension'

For example,  EYEGrey is the texture that the armor uses as it comes with BDAc ... the OrX/Parts/HoloKron/textureV is the directory 'GameData/OrX/Parts/Holokron/' in my KSP game install folder and the 'textureV' is the textureV.png that the part uses [texture = 'current texture name' , 'path to new texture with name minus extension']

Do this for all the parts contained in the config (all the armor part configs are in the single config file)

Good luck :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 4 years later...
@PART[ROAdvCapsule]:FOR[RealismOverhaul] {
    @MODEL
    {
	//  [texture = 'current texture name' , 'path to new texture with name minus extension']
	 texture = 2K_Pod,000_Chris/Recolor/2K_Pod_white
    }
}

Getting partloader errors, the texture is there though