KSP 1.8.1 Bug: Mk. 3 cockpit

KSP version 1.8.0.2686

making history 1.8.0

Breaking ground 1.3.0

Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 (OS BUILD 18363.418)

Steam version

System:

MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE

i7 8750H

16Gb

GTX 1060 6Gb

i thought an issue i was having was due too a file corruption or something. but after running verify on ksp, the issue still is present. I am not running any mods, so that is ruled out as a cause as well. only addition to base KSP I have are the two DLC

so what is the issue? well... using the mk.3 cockpit causes all lights not to come on/off when you try and toggle them with the interface or by pressing the 'o' key. also using the cockpit causes the whole craft to bounce up and down like it's doing a jig (dance). also when you look at the properties for the cockpit, the option where the option that should say toggle lights should be, it says say only toggle. the lights will also not come on for the cockpit. you can still manually toggle the lights for other parts (landing gear, spot lights, etc.) however. I checked the landing gear properties while the craft was 'dancing' and there was no weight stress being registered during the bouncing. also the bouncing disappears when the mk. 3 cockpit is removed from the craft. the light toggle buttons also work on other cockpits.

This seems to be a major bug. I hope it gets fixed soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895432532
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895432635
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895432705
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895436295

logs: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AouWDY3RtbYPgfkOiRq4TifhBQ_BAw

Edited by Chris Solomon

3 hours ago, Chris Solomon said:

so what is the issue? well... using the mk.3 cockpit causes all lights not to come on/off when you try and toggle them with the interface or by pressing the 'o' key. also using the cockpit causes the whole craft to bounce up and down like it's doing a jig (dance). also when you look at the properties for the cockpit, the option where the option that should say toggle lights should be, it says say only toggle. the lights will also not come on for the cockpit. you can still manually toggle the lights for other parts (landing gear, spot lights, etc.) however. I checked the landing gear properties while the craft was 'dancing' and there was no weight stress being registered during the bouncing. also the bouncing disappears when the mk. 3 cockpit is removed from the craft. the light toggle buttons also work on other cockpits.

You are right!Mk3 cockpit has no light toggle anymore and it seems extra bouncy!

I hope it gets fixed!

I managed to find the KSP bug tracker page, and it does list the mk3 cockpit light issue, but not the bouncy issue, and the bug is confirmed, but is listed as low priority. I would think a bug this obvious would have a higher priority.

maybe those rascally kerbals exchanged the normal mk3 cockpit for a bounce house that looks like a mk3 cockpit. :)

Edited by Chris Solomon

• 2 weeks later...

I have done some further experimenting, and replacing the mk3 cockpit on an existing model reduces the bouncing by quite a bit. I need some help confirming this. I this can be confirmed, this could mean that every build that uses a  mk3 cockpit will need to have that part removed and a new copy installed. I also discovered the new builds using the mk 3 cockpit experience the least amount of bouncing at launch. 

model (made by me) that I am using to test.

ignore part not found error if you use this build. it only refers to the fact that you don't have the 'collision FX mod' installed. there are no actual missing parts. 

Edited by Chris Solomon

IDK..... it would be good if I could get some confirmation on this by having some one else say they see it too.

on a side note, making a maneuver to another planetary body results in a null reference error when you got to set up the maneuver. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I think the error is preventing me from setting up an approach to any planetary bodies out side kerbin, mun, and minimus. I go to create a maneuver with a planetary body like Duna, with the planet as the target of the craft, and a null error is thrown.

I will post a screen shot of the error tomorrow, I am done playing today.

Edited by Chris Solomon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.