Tweakscale still not working

So after the 1.8 update, I deleted all mods so I could get the game running.

I've been dropping in at Curse Forge since then checking on "latest updated" mods.    Mechjeb is working but Tweakscale, even though it
shows it was updated after the 1.8 release, still causes a "Houston we have a problem" nag during the loading screen.    

Did the normal down load, drag and drop to game files.   Am I missing something?

Edited by EmanonP
added info

Checking the KSP version compatibility, you will find that the compatibility is from 1.4.1 to 1.7.3 . KSP 1.8 is not supported yet by a lot of Add'Ons due a glitch on some UI controls we use.

That Houston Nag is telling that you need to run on KSP 1.7.3 or earlier, and it is the reason for the update.

You can click Cancel to proceed anyway. But you are going to have some grief due the UI problems, you will end doing one thing while trying to do other. I don't think it will be fun, but you can try and decide for yourself.

Where does one check for version compatibility?    I don't see that info on the Tweakscale page.     I'm not a huge mod user...just some basic ones
that seem to make things more enjoyable so I've never really paid attention to the finer details.   Usually most of the mods I use are the most "popular"
and seem to be updated and fixed really quickly.

I deleted the recent version, as I'm content to wait for things to settle down and get fixed.   I was just surprised that an update to a mod made after
the expansion would still have issue is all.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:45 PM, EmanonP said:

Where does one check for version compatibility?   

I had written a full walkthrough on my site, and will copy&paste it here for your convenience:

How to check TweakScale (and any other Add'On) KSP Compatibility on CurseForge

On the CurseForge main page for the Add'On, on this link for TweakScale, you will get something like this

CurseForge TweakScale Main Page

You will find the latest KSP version supported by the releases on this page, as this detail shows:

Max KSP version supported detail

On the Files link (in yellow above), you can get the listing of every release for the Add'On. TweakScale, at the present time, has these ones:

Current Releases for an Add'On

In Green the place where the latest KSP Version is supported, as well a counter telling how many KSP versions the release supports. Yep, you had read right - TweakScale supports 13 KSP Versions on the same binary (1.7.3 plus 12).

In Yellow, more links that will lead you to the Details page of the Release, with detailed :) information about it:

Detailed Informtion for a Release Release

At least TweakScale provides a very detailed Change Log too, explaining what had changed and advising any precautions you should have while updating.

:confused:

Hi there after getting the game version to even work, Due to a glitch with MechJeb2 and Firespitter mods clausing thegame to fail and be stuck on the checking mods screen!

I at last got the two mods above to work and got the game running again after the new 1.8.0 was downloaded and installed. then I see the version had updated to 1.8.1 so maybe this was a base update needed to make the two mods work?

Anyway, now onto this mod Tweak scale Everything for 1.8.0

I got the warning others have got saying "Houston we have a problem" screen so I quit the game and got CKAN to remove the Tweak scale mod it just put in!

I see this page saying about this issue and the possible fix?

The S.A.V.E. mod to back up the game saves. it stated on the warning to get CKAN to install it?  I would but that mod is not listed on CKAN at this time ( 31st Oct 2019 ).

So I just have to do without the mod until the mod maker fixes it to work well with 1.8.1 version I now got.

I can't be asked to muck around with do this maybe or do that yourself ( yep lazy sod ).

I need this Teak scale mod But I wait until it works then get it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.