Sign in to follow this  
Legoprodigy

MacOS X High sierra Not loading

Question

So this has been a problem since october 2018 according to the game files I have. I launch KSP like normal, unable to update it from the launcher. Then, it gets not even halfway thru loading and it simply stops at "Loading asset bundle definitions". I have recently tried to pick up KSP again after hearing about KSP 2 looming soon, but I am still having the same issue. The game logs say that theres a folder called "3Dconnectionwrapper" missing, but that folder didnt come back when I reinstalled KSP. I play completely vanilla KSP, so I havent been toying with the folders. Please, someone help me before I lose my mind trying to fix this. 

P.S: the "force OpenGL" command didnt work the multiple times i tried it. And i will probably be unable to set up a hard drive partition. Also, the game works perfectly fine on my mom's Admin account, so it might well be a permissions issue, since we didnt really set up the permissions thoroughly.

Edited by Legoprodigy

7 answers to this question

Does this issue takr place with the KSP x64 application? What KSP version do you use?

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

5 hours ago, Legoprodigy said:

Latest install that was available when i reinstalled. As for the application, i believe i use the 64x one.

Do NOT use force OpenGL for the application. That may be the main reason. Please try it and report back.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:59 AM, Legoprodigy said:

unable to update it from the launcher.

The launcher is long dead, so just don't use it. use the KSP_x86_64.

Updates depends on if you bought the game from the store or Steam.

23 minutes ago, Legoprodigy said:

bought it from the store.

Then download the latest version from the store and install it in a directory of it's own.

Edited by Curveball Anders