Getting lights to glow and cast light

Hello there. I need some help in getting the color of my lights to turn from (off) to (on) yellowish. The photos are down below

However, I am trying my best to follow tutorials and I cannot for the life of me get this to work with animations and exporting to KSP.

Thus receives this error. Is there something I am doing wrong? If you can give some pointers. Let me know, I am more of a visuals so pictures/video helps with me learning how to make a light.
Also I am on Unity 2019 for the 1.8 update.

Spoiler

[LOG 22:55:20.167] Load(Model): FoxDefenseContracts/BT7lights/Bt7Light
[ERR 22:55:20.196] File error:
Arg_InsufficientSpace
Parameter name: chars
  at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.InternalGetChars (System.Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, System.Char* chars, Int32 charCount, System.UInt32& leftOverBits, System.UInt32& leftOverCount, System.Object provider, System.Text.DecoderFallbackBuffer& fallbackBuffer, System.Byte[]& bufferArg, Boolean flush) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.InternalGetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, System.UInt32& leftOverBits, System.UInt32& leftOverCount, System.Object provider, System.Text.DecoderFallbackBuffer& fallbackBuffer, System.Byte[]& bufferArg, Boolean flush) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars (System.Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, System.Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadCharBytes (System.Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count, System.Int32& bytes_read) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[WRN 22:55:20.196] Model load error in 'C:\Users\mstar\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program\test\GameData\FoxDefenseContracts\BT7lights\Bt7Light.mu'

Hi you need to use the color animation editor, that is part of the PartTools package,  you have not been able to animate emissives in the way you are trying for quite a while .  There's a tutorial elsewhere in this subform

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
added forum link

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you need to use the color animation editor, that is part of the PartTools package,  you have not been able to animate emissives in the way you are trying for quite a while .  There's a tutorial elsewhere in this subform

Thank you for this Spanner. I finally got it to work at the end of the night and just went to bed. I should've made an edit that I gotten it, but I was dead tired from trying to get it to work, then seeing it finally work. I just shut down the computer (work saved) and went to sleep.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.