How do you go back to previous versions(Go to a previous update)?

Please note I accept all suggestions even those that are irrelevant to this post. I have no experience in downloading or using mods!

Hi all,

I after having to have fun with being the end of a term and my out of date news problem, I am going to play KSP :D! I have been discussing with @JacobJHC on some of his Planet add ons and been looking at download OPT and Muun. But I have seen two problems I have:

1. I use Steam, which apparently automatically updates to the latest version

2. I have never used mods before on anything so I need some help going to a older version

3. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY, any good mod downloading tools would be nice

Thank you,

-Doodle

1. CKAN has all the previous versions of a mod (that it knows about) - select the mod, then select version, and literally just click (double IIRC) the version you want. highlights current installed version.

2. Spacedock/Curseforge/Github all should have previous versions - in Spacedock click changelog.

If you're on steam there is a way to play previous game versions:

- First, copy the entire Kerbal Space Program folder from your Steam folders to somewhere else e.g. desktop. This means you'll have a backup of the version you're on now and you can play that version if you like.

- Right click KSP and click Properties

- Click the 'Betas' tab on the window that opens

- Where it says 'None/no betas' click on it and then select the version you want. 

This will then download and install that version of the game. You can save different versions of the game outside of the Steam folders, for example on your desktop, and then play the game from the application inside that folder as well as add any mods you like to one version where they work but not to another where they don't. The only thing you'll need to remember is that save games won't transfer between them, so you'll have to move them manually.

There should be either an image or a link below to show you this- I've gone back to v1.7.3 to keep some mods working, but I copied v1.8 and can play that too if I want to.

https://imgur.com/a/h2n6xVP

Edited by jimmymcgoochie
Tried to put image in, but it didn't work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.