​​​​​​​Yeet

G'th

11 hours ago, G'th said:

aw. 

And yeah JNSQ is a very subdued solar system. Not much in the way of crazy colors. 

theoreticly you could justify the purple colour by a combination of iron oxide (red) and methane (blue) , creating a purple colour in the upper atmosphere

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, G'th said:

General update for everyone; work-life balance has been kinda wacky lately due to a new job, but the mod is still being worked on rest assured. 

Today I am working on transferring the entire mod over to module manager patches, which means several things; first and foremost that I'm not being inefficient. But beyond that, it also means that I'll be able to set up a github repo for the mod, which in turns meaning developmental releases are going to become available for testing and general "let them eat cake" purposes. 

Once that process is completed, I will also be working today on finishing out Eve's visuals, and working on Minmus and Gilly. As the moon's are rather similar in terms of what I want to do with them, they should be easy enough to knock out. Moho would follow that, and then we'd start pushing towards the Asteroid Belt objects and the Outer Planets. 

Let me start by just saying...

Thank you.

I attempted to do some of this and stopped about 15 minutes in once i realized just how much went in to AVP to make it work, and how much work I had ahead of myself. Honestly, AVP is the one thing I miss most about using a stock kerbal system since JNSQ really actually challenges me and it's hard to go back.

Love the idea of the github repo so we can get in and test all kinds of stuff as it evolves.

Ahh, now I understand what you're trying to achieve with that patch you mentioned in the ModuleManager thread! Looking good!

Let me know if you hit a snag with MM patching it. It should be rather straightforward, but then again, everything is straight forward once you know where to go.

Edit: Just a heads-up: CityLight.cfg is either missing a node definition or it has duplicate curly braces.

@EVE_CITY_LIGHTS:LAST[JNSQ]
{
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayDetailScale = 50
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/EVE/Textures/CityLights
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/EVE/Textures/night
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/EVE/Textures/day
			}
		}
	}
}
}

Edited by Jognt

1 minute ago, G'th said:

Yep duplicate brackets. 

And yeah it ended up being a matter of adding a z to the mod name to get it to load properly. 

We managed to get the EVE settings to load properly but for whatever reason we couldnt get it to properly zero out JNSQ and Scatterer and load up my scatterer settings. Wed either have no settings at all or itd just load the JNSQ/Scatterer configs. 

If you have to add a z to the mod name, then you are doing something wrong.  There are way to tell C# which DLLs to load first, they are Assembly directives

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you have to add a z to the mod name, then you are doing something wrong.  There are way to tell C# which DLLs to load first, they are Assembly directives

Well its not DLLs were dealing with its module manager configs. 

JNSQ and Scatterer have to have their configs disabled at loading and then ideally my configs would have to load as brand new configs, not edits as it is currently. However we couldnt get this to work as noted above. 

Hence why we went with zAd_Astra and config edits to make it work. Its gross I agree but we couldnt find any other syntax that actually worked. 

1 hour ago, G'th said:

Well its not DLLs were dealing with its module manager configs. 

JNSQ and Scatterer have to have their configs disabled at loading and then ideally my configs would have to load as brand new configs, not edits as it is currently. However we couldnt get this to work as noted above. 

Hence why we went with zAd_Astra and config edits to make it work. Its gross I agree but we couldnt find any other syntax that actually worked. 

Yeah, I forgot about ModuleManager, sorry.

I agree, the way that ModuleManager works, order is important

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yeah, I forgot about ModuleManager, sorry.

I agree, the way that ModuleManager works, order is important

That order is why we have the different mod passes. There are cases where you can’t get around adding a z to a name, but those should be rather infrequent. (And even then there should be no need to rename the actual file, just specify an alphabetically later FOR/LAST pass)

I might have a look later. Y’know, for science. 

Edited by Jognt