1.7 and 1.8 with Breaking Ground - Modem Sounds!!

So ever since Breaking Ground, if I have surface deployed instruments and I got the map view near them, I get these god-awful modem sounds. They're the same sounds that Chatterer used for transmitting data. But I don't have that mod installed now. Can't figure out how to stop it. Help?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szwmkv1d3pqn4os/Capture.PNG?dl=0

4 hours ago, capran said:

Help?

You can help yourself, by not running outdated mods.
I'd point out which of your mods are not built for 1.7.x (let alone 1.8.0), but since you've posted a lazy screenshot rather than a logfile and so I can't see version numbers or what is generating errors, that's a proper chore.

Mapview Mono Sound in particular hasn't been updated since 1.3.1, and if not compiled against the correct KSP version is quite likely to cause this kind of problem. Ditto for anything else that messes with sounds.

If that's not it, and you insist on running mods not built for the game version you're running, you'll just have to work out which is causing your problem by removing them one by one until it goes away.

Edited by steve_v

On 10/26/2019 at 1:20 AM, steve_v said:

You can help yourself, by not running outdated mods.
I'd point out which of your mods are not built for 1.7.x (let alone 1.8.0), but since you've posted a lazy screenshot rather than a logfile and so I can't see version numbers or what is generating errors, that's a proper chore.

Mapview Mono Sound in particular hasn't been updated since 1.3.1, and if not compiled against the correct KSP version is quite likely to cause this kind of problem. Ditto for anything else that messes with sounds.

If that's not it, and you insist on running mods not built for the game version you're running, you'll just have to work out which is causing your problem by removing them one by one until it goes away.

I want to mention that I have this same problem, with a fully updated game.  First I've heard about someone else having the same problem

On 10/30/2019 at 9:07 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I want to mention that I have this same problem, with a fully updated game.  First I've heard about someone else having the same problem

I thought steve_v was kind of rude, so I didn't reply to him. I did determine it was Mapview Mono Sound. I wouldn't have figured that had anything to do with it, but I got rid of it and all's good. I'm still running a bunch of other mods that haven't been updated for 1.8, but no unusual bugs otherwise.

The less rude version of what steve_v meant:  Some KSP major releases break almost all mods, some are almost like a minor release and break nearly nothing.  It's important to know which is which.  KSP 1.4 and 1.8 introduced Unity version changes and almost all mods for older KSP 1.7.3 versions won't work on them.  It's also important to know where the log files are and post them when asking for help.  Other troubleshooting info at the link in my signature.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:00 PM, capran said:

I thought steve_v was kind of rude, so I didn't reply to him. I did determine it was Mapview Mono Sound. I wouldn't have figured that had anything to do with it, but I got rid of it and all's good. I'm still running a bunch of other mods that haven't been updated for 1.8, but no unusual bugs otherwise.

I just found that I did have Mapview Mono Sound installed,  Uninstalled immediately.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, capran said:

I thought steve_v was kind of rude

Only because I find it rather irritating when people post screenshots instead of log files or text listings, thus using 100X the bandwidth to convey 1/10th as much useful information and signifying that they haven't read the self-help stickies.

Perhaps I was a little harsh, for that I apologise.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:07 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I want to mention that I have this same problem, with a fully updated game.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I just found that I did have Mapview Mono Sound installed,  Uninstalled immediately.

Been away a while, sorry it's so late. Recompiling Mapview Mono Sound against the current unity shipped assemblies will probably fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.