How many systems/what kinds of systems will there be?

How many systems total?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How many systems total?

• 3-5
    • 5-10
    • 11-25
    • 25+
  2. 2. What types do you want to see? (please pick 4)

• Nebulae
    • Black holes
    • All Jovian
    • Asteroid belt
    • Exotic star types (red, giant, white dwarf, neutron, etc...)
    • Binary/Trinary systems
    • Young system
    • Real Solar system
    • Living planets

On 10/27/2019 at 8:36 PM, DStaal said:

To go down the list:

Nebulae - I don't think there would actually be anything to notice gameplay-wise, in a Nebulae.  It'd tint the skybox if you're inside it, and that's about it.

Black holes - It might be interesting, but the really interesting parts of it would require N-body and relativity to be evident.  Without those (and without things like life-support and radiation) it's basically just a slightly more dense star.

All Jovian - Would be interesting, especially if they all had multiple moons.

Asteroid belt - Do you mean lots of little bodies on rails?  I think that might just be tedious, actually.  If they're not on rails (so you can move them, etc.) then how many should there be in the world at startup?  They're going to basically be overhead if they're constant and persistent, dragging down frame rates.  Something like KSP1's asteroids work well, and I would like to see them set to spawn in various solar systems.

Exotic star types (red, giant, white dwarf, neutron, etc...) - Fully interested here - though note for most practical purposes you won't notice all that much.  They basically affect how close you can get to the star and how much light it's giving off.

Binary/Trinary systems - Planets or stars?  Either way, I'm in.  Would be interesting to have binaries with planets orbiting one star, or orbiting their barycenter.

Young system - Might be fun, might be boring - how would you know a system is young?  If it's young enough to seriously notice, are there any planets?  If there are planets, can you tell it from a not-so-young system?

Real Solar system - While it would be an interesting easter egg, I think it would feel out of place.  The scale and gravity would be all off from the rest of the universe.

Seeing as the scope of KSP 2, I'm sure they've handled the problem of multiple bodies in 1 small area (like asteroids). It wouldn't be difficult either to set up maybe 20-30 all around you, and as you travel, more populate around you as others despawn. Something that's been happening in games since ever..

If this is how they handle asteroids then I'm all for.

Remember they did show a planet with an asteroid belt in the teaser... We don't know yet how this works, or if it's just something that doesn't exist once you get up too it, but I'm hoping they figured out  a way for a spawn/despawn system of 20-30 or more asteroids around you that will be simulating an asteroid belt in some way. (I'm not expecting anything like Elite Dangerous, or Star Citizen levels here)

• 1 month later...

I would love it if there could be ten other systems to see, but I would be happy just to be able to go interstellar. As for what I want to have in the other systems, I would love to see a little bit of everything, so that I can get a interesting challenge for each.

• 3 weeks later...