Will long standing annoyances be gone?...

mattinoz

13 minutes ago, razark said:

Yes.

But they will be replaced by entirely new annoyances that man has not yet dreamed of.

When I saw the thread title, I was going to essentially post this exact sentence...but I was 13 mins too late. :sticktongue:

Edited by Raptor9

27 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

When I saw the thread title, I was going to essentially post this exact sentence...but I was 13 mins too late. :sticktongue:

I'm surprised the first post wasn't a certain xkcd comic.

I hope the craft 'tree' structure can be changed to allow on-craft loops/connections

Given those said-same loops can be created with docking ports outside the VAB/SPH after the launching this would be a nice

Edited by NoMrBond

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, NoMrBond said:

I hope the craft 'tree' structure can be changed to allow on-craft loops/connections

Given those said-same loops can be created with docking ports outside the VAB/SPH after the launching this would be a nice

I will be liquided if this isn’t allowed. Same with not allowing multiple connection points at the same time  (ie connecting the quad adapter upside down to 4 existing 1.25 tanks. )

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I will be liquided if this isn’t allowed. Same with not allowing multiple connection points at the same time  (ie connecting the quad adapter upside down to 4 existing 1.25 tanks. )

Even if you had to, say, right-click on the green 'node-balls' when they're overlapping (to whatever tolerance) and select 'Join' or something

It would be a complete overhaul of the engine, but then in interviews they said they did a complete overhall of the engine, so I'm hopeful.  The tree structure of parts was the hardest thing for me to get my head around as a new player.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, Skorj said:

It would be a complete overhaul of the engine, but then in interviews they said they did a complete overhall of the engine, so I'm hopeful.  The tree structure of parts was the hardest thing for me to get my head around as a new player.

Also said files are not compatible with no plans to make them compatible. Which to me suggests complete change to how data is structured in the file.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, Skorj said:

I don't get why this mechanism is so hard to deal with too... since struts exist and essentially act as bridges between branches on the tree

It's not at all intuitive that you can't, for example, attach a side booster with 2 radial decouplers, top and bottom.  It's seems the obvious thing to do.  The fact that you can't, and have to use 1 decoupler and 1 strut, is an arbitrary quirk that worsens the learning curve.  There's lots of non-obvious restrictions like that, e.g. the above-mentioned restriction that you can't split into 4 tanks with a quad-coupler, then put another quad-coupler at the bottom and attack 1 engine.  Why not?  Quirky, arbitrary game logic in what looks like a sim.

It's all stuff you get used to, of course, but why should people have to get used to it?  There's a reason that most new players "bounce off" the game before they get to orbit, and most people who make it to orbit never land on the Mun.  They better not dumb down the physics in KSP2, but there are good ways to smooth out the learning curve!