KSPedia creation impossible with 1.8.0 PartTools [SOLVED]

A solution was found, see bottom of post

To update my mods to KSP 1.8.0 i need to recompile all my KSPedia entries with the latest PartTools and Unity 2019.2.2f.
For this purpose i made a fresh install of Unity 2019.2.2f, uninstalled preloaded TextMesh Pro, installed the TextMesh Pro specified and afterwards installed the latest Parttools. Exactly as explained here:

However:

It seems that compiling the KSPedia slides is impossible with the PartTools. After installing them i get the following message:

Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets/KSPAssetCompiler.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'TextMeshPro-2017.1-1.0.56-Runtime'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector

As this message clearly states, it is not finding the runtime for TextMeshPro version 1.0.56 from 2017. The version that can be currently only downloaded from the Asses Store it version 1.2.2, which seems to not work. Disabling the Reference Validation does not solve the problem either.
I have searched a lot but was unable to find any download of TextMeshPro that works with the KSPAssetCompiler.

Has anyone found a solution to that problem or knows where i can find the TextMeshPro version needed to get the PartTools running again?

Edit:
Looking into the folders from TextMeshPro, it seems that the downloaded version is in fact 1.0.55, almost all .dlls have "1.0.55.2017.2.0b12" in their name so i'd guess its indeed version 1.0.55, so the Question is, why is it not downloading the later version 1.0.56? 

Edit 2: Found a solution:

1. Uninstall any other TextMeshPro version you have installed in your Scene
  2. Download "TextMesh Pro Release 1.0.56 - Unity 2017.1" from https://forum.unity.com/threads/useful-information-download-links.458634/#post-3304434 and install it
  3. Disable "Validate References" for the KSPAssedCompiler.dll and KSPAssets.dll in the "Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets" folder
  4. Comment out line 12 from the "TextMeshProResolver.cs" file (its: the line with [InitializeOnLoad]) in the "Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets" folder
  5. Build your KSPedia file as always
Edited by Nils277

Hi Nils!

You seem to know a thing or two about modding the KSPedia so you might be able to help me out.

I am following the tutorial from 

and get stuck at

• In the lower-right, below the Inspector Window is the Preview Window, at the bottom of this is a selection box labeled AssetBundle
  •       Click the Box -> Select New -> Add your entry (use only lower case letters)

as there is no AssetBundle Selection Window.

Could you give me a hint to a more recent tutorial or whats wrong here?

I am using Unity2019.2.10f1 (thats the right one, right? :D )

I am just trying to get Planetwiki4 updated as the author seems to have abandoned it but I have never used unity before.

- Mil

I'm having the exact same problem. Before I try to recreate what you did, can you confirm your assets work in KSP?

(edit: I'm not making KSPedia entries but GUIs, though if one works I assume the rest does as well)

Edited by ExtremeTrader

On 10/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, million_lights said:

Hi Nils!

You seem to know a thing or two about modding the KSPedia so you might be able to help me out.

I am following the tutorial from 

and get stuck at

• In the lower-right, below the Inspector Window is the Preview Window, at the bottom of this is a selection box labeled AssetBundle
  •       Click the Box -> Select New -> Add your entry (use only lower case letters)

as there is no AssetBundle Selection Window.

Could you give me a hint to a more recent tutorial or whats wrong here?

I am using Unity2019.2.10f1 (thats the right one, right? :D )

I am just trying to get Planetwiki4 updated as the author seems to have abandoned it but I have never used unity before.

- Mil

Hey, 

sorry for the late reply, the forum did not inform me there was a new post here...Unfortunately i do not know any new tutorial for the KSPedia. However I will take a look at where to find the section you mentioned and post it here.

I'm not 100% sure about the unity version. I use 2019.2.2f1, because this is the version explicidliy stated in the PartTools. Your version should work nontheless as 2019.2.10f1 is just a bugfix update for all i know.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:52 PM, asdfCYBER said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Before I try to recreate what you did, can you confirm your assets work in KSP?

(edit: I'm not making KSPedia entries but GUIs, though if one works I assume the rest does as well)

The KSPedia assest work in KSP for me. Or was this directed at Million Lights?

@million_lights I think i found what you were searching for:

1. You have so save every page you want to have for you KSPedia in one of the asset folders inside of Unity
2. Go inside of Unity into the folder you have you KSPedia Assets saved. In my case its just the folde KSPedia:

c4Tg8KO.png

3. Select the page you want to assign an AssedBundle to. In the following image its the "Congiguration" page, marked in red. When selected, the AssedBundle option will appear at the bottom right (also marked in red)

h53aKgh.png

4. When you now click on the drop down menu from (here with the text "planetarybaseinc" you will get the menu to create and assign asset bundles to the individual pages.

sl3Sdeb.png

Edited by Nils277

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.