Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 is live!

UomoCapra

Hello everyone!

This patch focuses mainly on solving issues encountered in the base game and both the Making History and Breaking Ground Expansions

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

===============================v1.8.1================================
1.8.1 Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for Making History and Breaking Ground changelog)

+++ Localization
* Fix missing Chinese characters on main menu.
* Fix missing units in the Maneuver editor UI in Chinese.
* Fix a few dV KSPedia slides showing corrupted characters in Russian.
* Fix autoloc instead of vessel name appearing in target set screen message.

+++ Bugfixes
* Fix game settings being reset every time game is started.
* Fix Linux mousewheel scroll direction.
* Fix bug with interstage fairings not occluding everything within.
* Fix the mk3 shuttle cockpit lights.
* Fix duplicating module info on part extended tooltips in editor and RnD scenes.
* Fix shroud shading on disconnected sub-assemblies in editor scene.
* Fix FloatEdit and ScaleEdit UI prefabs.
* Fix KSC vessel markers becoming too persistent and not leaving the game when switching between buildings at the KSC until game is restarted.
* Fix NREs in Portrait Gallery when kerbals die in flight.
* Fix T-100 fuel tank clipping on surface attach node.
* Fix kerbal helmet/heads becoming unclickable when on ladders.
* Move the CB cast shadows game setting to the graphics section of settings where it should have been.
* Fix Easter eggs, monoliths, randoliths not receiving CB shadows.
* Fix parts still being considered shielded from airstream after deploying a fairing in some use cases.
* Fix Action groups icon not appearing in Editor scene when switching between facilities with different upgrade level.
* Fix Altimeter and Staging tumblers disappearing at some scale values.
* Fix walk paths around Level 3 R&D building. This includes texture artifacts for the Linux version.
* Fix material artifacts in level1 and level 2 grass tiles.
* Fix error when pressing undo while holding a radial symmetry part.
* Fix Ocean on Eve.
* Fix DragCube generation discrepancies in partdatabase - was affecting drag and thermals.
* Fix NRE in editor scenes when reverting from flight and using transform gizmos.

+++ Mods
* FloatEdit and ScaleEdit PAW prefabs fixed.

Making History 1.8.1

+++ Bugfixes
* Fix unable to select "Create new mission" button on Mission play dialog the very first time.

+++ Missions
* Fix mission "Meet Me in Zero G" does not complete in certain conditions when landing back on Kerbin.
* Fix Manufacturer name on engine plates and tubes.

Breaking Ground 1.3.1

+++ Bugfixes
* Fix items in PAW switching positions in a group depending on state of fields.
* Fix generation of free Electric Charge for robotic parts if stopped with the PAW closed.
* Fix setting robotic part motors to disengaged in editor and then persisting that way when vessel is launched.
* Fix bug related to being able to delete endpoints on KAL-1000 tracks by disabling ability to delete them.
* Fix bug when removing parts from vessel and they have multiple actions mapped in KAL.

Remember that you can help us find bugs/issues by reporting them into our bugtracker and that you can also upvote reports to make them more visible.

Happy launchings!

14 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No they shouldn’t. Almost all mods that have been updated already to work with 1.8.0 should work fine in 1.8.1.

Yeah, if your mod isnt directly affected by the specific bugfixes listed, pretty sure no need to worry. ;)

So, uhh, @UomoCapra why do you tease us so? :P
the KSP Store seems to be currently down when trying to login to account? lol

thread already started :P

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Linux mousewheel scroll direction.

Yupp! That works!

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix DragCube generation discrepancies in partdatabase - was affecting drag and thermals.

That unfortunately doesn't. At least the issue I reported in Bug #23924 did not change. :(

6 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

the KSP Store seems to be currently down when trying to login to account? lol

The KSP Store is being worked on at the moment. It should get back on line in a few minutes. 

Nice, thanks for the relatively quick fixes to some of the more glaring issues, like the drag and settings resetting.

EDIT: Also I never got a notification on this thread, despite following this forum section. 

Edited by MechBFP

Welp, you fixed the settings being reset bug, but now my game crashes every time I do EVA on The Mun...

Seems like this bug has already been reported so I guess I just have to wait for a fix.

Edited by Mjarf

56 minutes ago, Mjarf said:

Welp, you fixed the settings being reset bug, but now my game crashes every time I do EVA on The Mun...

Seems like this bug has already been reported so I guess I just have to wait for a fix.

Do you have AMD graphics card?

6 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Hello everyone!

This patch focuses mainly on solving issues encountered in the base game

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

1.8.1 Changelog - BaseGame ONLY

* Fix T-100 fuel tank clipping on surface attach node.

Many thanks PD, well done! 

After my post about this bug in the 1.8.0 discussion thread, someone mentioned that 2 previous bug reports had been closed without any resolution.  And again, I'll admit that it was a minor bug that was easily corrected with the move tool.  Honestly, after 6+ years I didn't really expect any action to be taken.

To the whole Dev team, your efforts are appreciated.

8 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

No they shouldn’t. Almost all mods that have been updated already to work with 1.8.0 should work fine in 1.8.1.

Im not really talking about those mods, the mod I had a problem with was my fault for somehow managing to get CKan to load an older mod.

my  current problem is Kop. but they are working on that.