The Importance of Quality Terrain Texturing

KSACheese

As the title implies, I believe it is extremely important that Star Theory keeps up the amazing work that SQUAD has done in the latest update with terrain shaders. In my personal experience, I have felt a greater drive to implement ground based operations in my latest career mode. This has brought up another factor in improving the lack of interactivity with ground operations. Specifically, I have spent more and more time on the surface of the Mun or Minmus doing rover missions or base operations simply because I no longer feel like I'm landing on a grey mush.

Now, my highest hopes are that Star Theory will continue this. With the addition of colonies and possibly expanding science and career mode, a high-quality ground scatter and ground texturing will be a great addition. Let me know how you guys feel about this as well!

5 hours ago, KSACheese said:

a high-quality ground scatter and ground texturing will be a great addition.

Yes, they're putting a lot of effort into this, and it looks great.  I think no worries there.  They're clearly making this a priority.

8 minutes ago, Snark said:

Yes, they're putting a lot of effort into this, and it looks great.  I think no worries there.  They're clearly making this a priority.

Pics or it didn't happen      /s

But seriously, hanging out for more KSP2 news/media

On 10/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I mean, this is only pre-alpha gameplay, but the Mun’s terrain already looks pretty good:

ksp2.jpg

I’m sure it’ll look even better than this when the game releases.

yeah it looks pretty good but...

Am i the only one that thinks the terrain has really poor quality textures?

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

yeah it looks pretty good but...

Am i the only one that thinks the terrain has really poor quality textures?

As I said, it is pre-alpha (so it’ll probably improve by the actual release).

Also, I reckon Star Theory don’t want the graphics of KSP2 to be upstaged by an update to the original game :wink:

On 10/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I mean, this is only pre-alpha gameplay, but the Mun’s terrain already looks pretty good:

ksp2.jpg

I’m sure it’ll look even better than this when the game releases.

All they have to do is make the rocks blend in more, and you've got something 1000x better than KSP 1.