[Feature Request] One additional KAL-1000 Sequence Loop Mode

Xyphos

I'd like to request an additional KAL-1000 (ModuleRoboticController) Sequence Play Mode to be added to the game;

1. "Rewind" - This Loop Mode would play the sequence to the end like "Loop Mode: None" but will automatically rewind the Play Position to zero after the sequence completes;
    this will allow players to Loop the sequence as needed via Action Groups using only the "Play Sequence" Action.
    Currently, there's no known or easy way to repeat a sequence without using complex timing and sync'n multiple controllers together.

EDIT: Alternatively, this can be achieved by allowing the "Stop Sequence" Action of the playing controller to stop itself while in "Repeat" mode,
the controller could loop until it triggers it's own stop and await the player to continue playing the sequence.
Currently, it's not possible for a controller to activate it's own Actions.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Xyphos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I also have just come up against this, used Kals for a while, and would think this would be a basic feature that was there.

I am SURE I have manged to make this work with a design I have done in the past(prop right at start of breaking ground), but dont remember how I did it.  Maybe I am mis remembering.

I just want the sequence to revert back to the start after I play it, so I can use the same action group to play it once again.

Very surprised this is not in there as an option from day 0.

Anyway this is definitely needed.  An auto-reset sequencing option.  And/or a set sequence to 0 or set sequence to 100.  

• 6 months later...

I found a way to accomplish this as it currently is:

Controller 1: set its loop mode to "repeat"

Controller 2: set its loop mode to "none" (and optionally its play position to the very end, to illustrate how it works)

Now in Controller 1, toggle Controller 2's loop mode once (to "repeat"), and right after this, "toggle play" it, then immediately toggle its loop mode twice (back to "none")

In Controller 2, "toggle play" Controller 1 (to stop it) at 0.1s AFTER it's looped back to the beginning.

That's all. Since Controller 2's loop mode is set to "normal", it will stop at the end of its run. Running Controller 1 again will cause it to loop once more. You can do this as often as you want, with the same action group! Yay.

• 1 month later...

That could be handy. I think what I would like is to have possibility to have multiple actions to be programmed to one KAL controller. So no need for 2 KAL. I have a Shuttle w. robotic arm and would like to have like one action to grab part from bay and second action to move it to position on station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.