Ohai

Okhin

Long time reader, first time poster, bla bla bla.

Finally convinced myself that opening an account here might be a good idea, after 400 hours of KSP. So, here I am.

So, it's me, okhin. Basically, I suck at landings. I'll figure that out eventually. Or use more chutes on planes. Or avoid planes altogether. I like assembling spacecraft in orbits. And adding labs to them. Lots of. It seems the contractors like labs too, so I'm off adding my third one on my mun base.

I got an engineering background. With some robotics and electronics and lots of computers in it. I like geeking and hacking around; and answering in details to sarcastic and rhetorical questions. Especially if they're about network and infrastructure (and all questions are about that).

And so, that's mostly what might interests you.

Okhin

PS: Almost forgot, since today is the first day of NaNowriMo, a writing contest, I decided that I'll should tell the tales of kerbalnauts (kerbonautss? kosmonauts?) this year, so I'm gonna try to write down 50 000 words before the end of November on this topic, figuring out what life is in the KSC and basically everywhere except on Kerbal.

Welcome to the forum @Okhin.

Don't worry about the landings, I have thousands of hours and still crash occasionally. I also used chutes as a backup for many years as I'm sure did a lot of the membership so welcome to that club as well. :cool:

It's really cool that you are interested in writing KSP fan fiction as we have a great group of helpful and friendly writers here who are always willing to help if you get stuck and I can't wait to read your work.

Hello @Okhin and welcome to the KSP Forums!

We have many enthusiasts of technology, science, engineering, and, of course, space here in this friendly little corner of the 'net.

To expand on what James said, above, we have an active writing community here as well.  One thread that might be of particular interest is this:

Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

(I forgot to add that my favourite flavour of science fiction is CyberPunk. Blurring the line between kerbals and machines and trying to finally get out of the uncanny valley.)

Okhin