Share your Space and Rocketry books

Retro Starship

Hi fellow Kerbonauts!

I have always loved space and rockets (as well as aircraft) and I am so sure most of you do as well.

Through the years (though not lately) I have acquired many books about space and rocketry (I so love the design, history and even made a few flying model ones too). Rocketry itself or flying in general has always been a favorite of mine. Ok, space too of course! If you can show us some pictures of your space, rocket or aircraft books that you have collected or even mention ones that you have in your bookcase that would be awesome.

Here is just a couple of mine:

KSPBooks11.jpg

KSPBooks21.jpg

The one in the middle above is "The Space Transportation Systems Reference" by Christopher Coggon - editor

KSPBooks31.jpg

KSPBooks41.jpg

Please dont be afraid to show or mention any ones you have as well. I actually use these to help me in KSP!

Edited by Saturn5tony
reduced image quality for slower machines

These are some pretty nice looking books.  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that STS reference book.

Over the last few days, my daughter's been obsessing over the space shuttles.  A trip to the library might be in order.

59 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

These are some pretty nice looking books.  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that STS reference book.

Over the last few days, my daughter's been obsessing over the space shuttles.  A trip to the library might be in order.

Hey @Geonovast if you (or anyone on this forum) need any detailed info or anything in these books just message me!

Edited by Saturn5tony

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:27 AM, Geonovast said:

Maybe you should get her this....

https://haynes.com/en-gb/nasa-space-shuttle-manual

you can probably find a distributor in your country...

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Just grabbed one on eBay, thanks!  I should have it before Christmas, would make a great present for her.  Now I just need to find a way to prevent her from doodling in it.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Yea Haynes makes some great books. Even though I should have these (as well as the Shuttle one), I do not. Here is one that Haynes makes for the best (classic) rocket ever....

Haynes-H5828-cover_1.jpg?itok=v5wDgtQV

So these are on my wish list as well. Thanks for reminding me to mention this to my wife or my daughter... lol

Even though not space related, I found this awesome book (I got from Barnes & Nobles a while ago) that is just great for 100 years of aviation from the Smithsonian air & space museum. 440 pages too and cool pictures.

KSPBooks51.jpg

Just added in the table of contents. If you look near the bottom it does talk about space as well! Maybe I will read it soon. It does look great and full of very interesting topics along with the very large images.

KSPBooks6.jpg

Edited by Saturn5tony
Added in the table of contents

• 5 months later...

Well just got this awesome book from my daughter for my birthday recently. She knows how much I love the Saturn V and got me the hard bound edition of the "The Saturn V Workshop Manual". Added here as well to the right is the very  old ""The Space Shuttle Operators Manual" in another part of my library I forgot to add into this topic as well. A really nice book that was published way back in 1982. The Saturn V workshop Manual was done recently in 2016. Both of these along with my "The Space Transportation Systems Reference"  seen up above are awesome references for KSP design Ideas.

KSPBooks7.jpg

Here are some of the small collection I have in my current location. Back in the day I was living in Europe, I use to spend almost all my incomes in books and I really try to take as much care of them as possible. However, to bring all of those with me in Florida would have been a pain. As a result, I gave them all to my father.

JaQyizr.jpg

Vw4sJyP.jpg

SAd3zCz.jpg

Oh wow, all of those books look just awesome @XB-70A The Energia, the Haynes manuals, all really look great and the Titan II and really all of them. Very very Cool.

Got me into looking for more stuff in my space related shelves. LOL

Cool book from 1989 called "Space Diary"

KSPBooks8.jpg

KSPBooks81.jpg

Another Shuttle book by Robin Kerrod published by Gallery books - 1984.

KSPBooks9.jpg

KSPBooks91.jpg

On 5/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, Retro Starship said:

Oh wow, all of those books look just awesome @XB-70A The Energia, the Haynes manuals, all really look great and the Titan II and really all of them. Very very Cool.

Thanks! :D

I have some more, but they aren't related to space anymore:

oSImfzY.jpg

Similarly,

Spoiler

NWDwI3I.jpg

xz9hMFx.jpg

Did I mentioned I'm crazy of the A-12 and SR-71?

eBIXBT0.jpg

Some attention to my best-loved aircraft too.

4Dke28G.jpg

yBHsglw.jpg

Edited by XB-70A

22 hours ago, XB-70A said:

I have some more, but they aren't related to space anymore:

No problems, like I said way at the top of this topic "(as well as aircraft) " so it all really counts for me as well. I always remind people Nasa's second confirmation of things very cool is aeronautics! Like you, I love anything that flies in any sense of the term. Looking at your aircraft list, the SR-71... the best EVER! I think Kelly Johnson was so far ahead of his time.. Man what an awesome engineer and his aircraft as well. The blackbird could outrun a rocket..... so cool, so very cool.

• 7 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 6:21 AM, Astrion said:

Here's a couple of space books I've had for some time.eY8Cntr.jpg

A few months ago I went to a modelling store and found a "Conquest of Space" book published in 1950.

Hide contents

JmcslcX.jpg

SV3A8xo.jpg

pXzH5i6.jpg

wl7phSH.jpg

5GcpSix.jpg

l2lcYZq.jpg

I have a copy of that book that still has a rather damaged dust cover. The title page is quite different. It says 'copyright 1950, reprinted 1950'.  What is the print date of your book?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.