Can't load with MechJeb installed

The only mod I know conflicting with MJ is old Firespitter.

Can somebody please take a look at my logs and help me figure out, what else might be conflicting with MechJeb and preventing the game to be loaded?

In my log files there are a lot of these lines;

MechJeb caught exception in core OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at KSP.IO.File.Exists[T] (System.String filename, Vessel flight) [0x00053] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00097] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0 

Also have couple of these;

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (Part p) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (Part p) [0x00005] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at Part+<Start>d__297.MoveNext () [0x00337] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0
  • I have firespitter installed but the latest 7.14 version. People say it is compatible with MJ
  • All roverdude mods are installed manually, firespitter being extracted last
  • MechJeb is manually installed (v2.9.0.0)
  • Module Manager version 4.1.1
  • KSP version 1.8.1
  • Game loads fine without MechJeb
  • I got both DLC's the loading stucks at "Serenity"

Here's my full log file (Uncompressed, 14.3 MB) , for super kind people who are interested :wub:;

https://gofile.io/?c=pMWL65

I thank everybody for their input.

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
Added game version

Reading on a computer is so better… :)

Well, that's the thing: when an exception happens on a Event Handler (as onAwake or onStart), all the chain is aborted as the running thread dies. It's the reason Firespitter 7.13 was borking KSP, it was trying to load something that didn't existed anymore and, without a try-catch on the handler, was raising the exception to the caller, that then was got with its pants down, and raised the exception to its caller - in a chain reaction that culminates with the thread killing itself.

So, it can be anything. :P Something changes something somewhere in the past, and then MechJeb2 borks, killing the thread. 

One way to try to pinpoint the trouble maker is checking the KSP.log.. KSP.log logs some KSP events that are not logged on Unity's one. As an example, if the crash is happening exactly on the MainMenu Scene, we can trim down the search to Add'ons that instantiates themselves on that Scene.

34 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Reading on a computer is so better… :)

Well, that's the thing: when an exception happens on a Event Handler (as onAwake or onStart), all the chain is aborted as the running thread dies. It's the reason Firespitter 7.13 was borking KSP, it was trying to load something that didn't existed anymore and, without a try-catch on the handler, was raising the exception to the caller, that then was got with its pants down, and raised the exception to its caller - in a chain reaction that culminates with the thread killing itself.

So, it can be anything. :P Something changes something somewhere in the past, and then MechJeb2 borks, killing the thread. 

One way to try to pinpoint the trouble maker is checking the KSP.log.. KSP.log logs some KSP events that are not logged on Unity's one. As an example, if the crash is happening exactly on the MainMenu Scene, we can trim down the search to Add'ons that instantiates themselves on that Scene.

First of all, thank you SO much for your reply @Lisias !

I really do appreciate your interest so much and would be endlessly grateful if you could guide me on this.

I know you already do have other things in your hand and between all that, you sparing time for this, means really a lot.

And thank you for the info on LOG differences. I saw people asking for player.log on the forums and I thought that was the new log file for KSP, didn't know it was Unity's. I guess it was only the output.log that has changed.

In the light of that, I cleared all my logs and launched KSP one more time. The unfortunate thing is, I can never make it to main menu. The game hangs on loading. I confirm the "hanging" by refreshing the KSP.log folder and looking at the properties for file size changes. Once it freezes I ALT+F4.

After that I tried to inspect the KSP.log file but this is way beyond me, I don't even know what to look for, what are normal errors and what are not etc... The error says something about "Reflection" but I especially don't have any texture mods with 1.8 yet and I don't know what would MechJeb have to do with textures anyway. I do have some mods which are not yet updated for 1.8 but they're mostly part mods and as I said earlier the game loads fine without MJ.

It's probably gonna turn out to be something very noob of me, but I can't figure it out myself.

So... here's also my KSP.log file (uncompressed 10.1 MB) for anybody who are interested to take look at it;

https://gofile.io/?c=Aoa9qa

Thanks again so much...

That's the thing: KSP.log logs KSP events, Player.log logs UnityEvents. Sometimes, an KSP event is echoed into Player.log, but not always,

Usually, we ask for KSP.log when we are sure it's bork on some Add'On, we ask for Player.log when we are sure it's a problem on Unity (or in the C++ land). When things are really hairy, we need both to make cross checks. :D 

On this time, I think we got "lucky". I think I managed to get something. I need to ask you to be very prudent on handling the Add"Ons mentioned, because absolutely most of the time, we are handling a Kraken Food :P (Unholy Interactions between modules are what Krakens feed of…). They work fine by themselves, but under a certain combinations of circumstances, a chain reaction is triggered and then KABOOM.

[LOG 00:58:11.014] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_section_0m_sas/B9_Body_Mk2_SAS_050m'
[LOG 00:58:11.037] [MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher
[LOG 00:58:11.134] ManeuverPlanner initialization: found 17 maneuvers
[ERR 00:58:11.148] MechJeb caught exception in core OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at KSP.IO.File.Exists[T] (System.String filename, Vessel flight) [0x00053] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00097] in <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0

[LOG 00:58:11.183] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_section_1m/B9_Body_Mk2_Fuselage_1m'

I detected some borks on MechJeb2 on OnLoad while being instantiated by B9 Aerospace parts. This doesn't means that B9 is the culprit, it may be a rogue patch messing up with these two. In a way or another, the next step into diagnosing the problem is to deinstall B9 Aerospace. This should have us a negative confirmation (absence of the problem).

Confirming it, the next step is to get a disposable KSP installment and install only B9 , MechJeb2 and the minimum dependencies to see what we get. If everything works fine, we have a confirmation that we have a third party stomping on their toes. If the minimal installment borks the same, you have something to show MechJeb2's and B9 Airspace's maintainers - I'm pretty sure they will be able to pinpoint the problem and find a solution from there.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

I detected some borks on MechJeb2 on OnLoad while being instantiated by B9 Aerospace parts. This doesn't means that B9 is the culprit, it may be a rogue patch messing up with these two. In a way or another, the next step into diagnosing the problem is to deinstall B9 Aerospace. This should have us a negative confirmation (absence of the problem).

I uninstalled the "B9 Aerospace", cleared the logs, loaded the game, same issue. I searched the log files for "[MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher" I got this and ONLY this;

[LOG 02:34:29.585] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BAE/Parts/Command/P10/BAEprobe10m/BAEprobe10m'
[ERR 02:34:29.596] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleSPU'
[ERR 02:34:29.596] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleRTAntennaPassive'
[ERR 02:34:29.600] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'
[LOG 02:34:29.615] [MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher
[LOG 02:34:29.707] ManeuverPlanner initialization: found 17 maneuvers
[ERR 02:34:29.722] MechJeb caught exception in core OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

So I uninstalled "Behemoth Aerospace Engineering", cleared the logs, loaded the game, same issue. I searched the log files for "[MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher" I got this and ONLY this;

[LOG 02:49:57.600] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_agenaProbeCore/bluedog_agenaProbeCore'
[WRN 02:49:57.603] PartLoader Warning: Variable techtag not found in Part
[LOG 02:49:57.625] [MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher
[LOG 02:49:57.717] ManeuverPlanner initialization: found 17 maneuvers
[ERR 02:49:57.732] MechJeb caught exception in core OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

So I uninstalled "Bluedog Design Bureau", cleared the logs, loaded the game, same issue. I searched the log files for "[MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher" I got this and ONLY this;

[LOG 03:06:37.952] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DSSHU/HDU1/HDU1/HDU1'
[LOG 03:06:37.987] [MechJeb2] Starting the Dispatcher
[LOG 03:06:38.077] ManeuverPlanner initialization: found 17 maneuvers
[ERR 03:06:38.092] MechJeb caught exception in core OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

But this time I'm not going to uninstall Deep Space Surface Habitat Unit Pack because I suspect that MechJeb will keep going to give me another dispatch for another mod, one at a time (which really sucks cause of the loading times), until perhaps only MechJeb is left in my GameData folder...

Since we started with B9, may be I should mention that the "B9 Part Switch" throwing a "Fatal Error" with the KSP AVC, saying;

ModuleB9PartSwitch (ModuleID = 'Mount') on part ht2.trussPort subtype 'Bearing'
No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found

But if this is the case, which is causing issue with MechJeb, that means I will have to uninstall literally 17 more mods since B9 PartSwitch being dependency for them. Perhaps that is the mysterious "ManeuverPlanner initialization: found 17 maneuvers" line in the logs is about.

At that point I should as well play as vanilla, which I won't.

I searched "B9PartSwitch v2.11.1" thread for "MechJeb" and searched MJ thread for "B9 Part Switch" nothing came up.

It would be wonderful if either @sarbian or @blowfish could confirm that this has nothing to do with it, because I'm banging my head on the walls for a week now... :wacko:

Hell of a report.

On the bright (besides bitter) side, now we know what it is not.

Out of curiosity, to kill a bit of time as it's near bedtime (and firing KSP would not be the wise move at the moment!!), I gave a peek on the code.

if (File.Exists<MechJebCore>("mechjeb_settings_global.cfg"))
                {
                    try
                    {
                        global = ConfigNode.Load(IOUtils.GetFilePathFor(this.GetType(), "mechjeb_settings_global.cfg"));
                    }
                    catch (Exception e)
                    {
                        Debug.LogError("MechJebCore.OnLoad caught an exception trying to load mechjeb_settings_global.cfg: " + e);
                        generateDefaultWindows = true;
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    generateDefaultWindows = true;
                }

Dude… It's a blind guess, but look for a file called "mechjeb_settings_global.cfg". If it exists, check the access permissions.

Also, that File.Exists<FooBar>("filename") stunt is similar to something I'm using on the Experimental version of KSPe (with mine being a complete System.IO.File implementation!). I didn't pushed this into Mainstream (TweakScale, etc) because Mono apparently has a flaw where a DLL failing to be loaded would leave some runtime data structures inconsistent, and then all the Reflection calls would bork exactly this way!!

Since you are using KSP 1.8.1, and so .NET Framework 4.x, I have to reconsider my position - it was never a Mono problem, it's something on KSP itself! DAMN!! :( [Nope - see below]

In a way or another, it appears to be the same problem. You can't have failed DLL loadings on the installment. Knowing this, I redid my analysis on your log and found:

[ERR 00:55:38.755] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.755] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: 0_00_AT_Utils_UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.804] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.804] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPDev_Utils.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.839] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SEPScience.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.839] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: SEPScience.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.843] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:38.843] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:52.674] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:52.674] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:55:52.675] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers
[ERR 00:58:09.901] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 00:58:09.901] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TestFlightCore, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

The interesting thing: querying about an Assembly triggers the same message on the KSP.log . You need to try to load the DLL and fail (that triggers the same message!) in order to get this problem pesking you: the first DLL borking on the load, and every single call to the reflection API as the KSP.IO.File does will throw that Kraken Damned Exception! (and believe me, I'm fighting this crap for almost an year already!!).

So, in order to fix things, you need to go the inverse way! You need to satisfy every add-on binder error above. That happening, that internal structures needed by the Reflection will be sane, and then KSP.IO.File.Exists<Type> will work!

— — POST EDIT — — 

Nope. I could not made that affirmation. It can be something on Unity too.

Edited by Lisias
post edit.

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

Dude… It's a blind guess, but look for a file called "mechjeb_settings_global.cfg". If it exists, check the access permissions.

I searched the GameData folder for " mechjeb_settings_global.cfg " but nothing comes up. There's however this file, plus many others starting with "mechjeb_settings_type_" followed by my craft names, in my backups folder (Backups\LocalGameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\MechJeb2), way back from 2016. I believe this file is created upon changing the MJ settings, in game, to saved them.

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

The interesting thing: querying about an Assembly triggers the same message on the KSP.log . You need to try to load the DLL and fail (that triggers the same message!) in order to get this problem pesking you: the first DLL borking on the load, and every single call to the reflection API as the KSP.IO.File does will throw that Kraken Damned Exception! (and believe me, I'm fighting this crap for almost an year already!!).

So, in order to fix things, you need to go the inverse way! You need to satisfy every add-on binder error above. That happening, that internal structures needed by the Reflection will be sane, and then KSP.IO.File.Exists<Type> will work!

How does one go about satisfying add-on binder errors?

I could really use some specific instructions as I am not able to comprehend any of this.

I searched Google for "KSP.IO.File.Exists" and all I can figure out is that it's a Class Reference built in KSP but I don't know where to go from that... :(

I think giving up on MechJeb, or totally giving up on playing KSP will be the way to go for me... At least for now.

Because all I want is to build space stations and design some rockets for a couple of hours after work, but all I do is spend days in these forums looking for answers to get this game working with my favorite mods =(

Anyways I thank you so much for your contribution, you are a kind and good person!

This smells like an install that was on a previous version of KSP and was updated to 1.8 without verifying that all mods were compatible (or Steam auto updated).  I highly recommend the following steps:

1. Back up anything you care about, i.e. saves, ships, etc
  2. Delete the contents of your KSP directory entirely
  3. Have Steam reinstall it (verify local files)
  4. Copy the entire KSP directory somewhere else
  5. In the new location, install only compatible mods
    • Ideally do this a few mods at a time and verify that they're all working
  6. Keep the Steam install clean and create new installs to mod with in the future

3 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

How does one go about satisfying add-on binder errors?

By googling for the DLLs that are missing. 0_00_AT_Utils_UI is from AT_Utils for sure. However, I gone one step ahead and… The damn 0_00_AT_Utils_U.dll is present on your installment, and was loaded. :/ 

[LOG 00:55:35.494] Load(Assembly): 000_AT_Utils/Plugins/0_00_AT_Utils_UI
[LOG 00:55:35.494] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at GamePath\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_AT_Utils\Plugins\0_00_AT_Utils_UI.dll

Well, since I borked on that one, I did yet another analysis on the thing. Every single DLL on that binder error was loaded fine - EXCEPT by one:

[ERR 00:55:52.675] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers

[LOG 00:55:52.767] KSP-AVC -> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "GamePath\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSP-AVC\Plugins\Textures\OverlayBackground.png".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 buffer Size, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00164] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Utils.GetTexture (System.String file, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x00016] in <d05e532f012b47999887e5d33b07d5c6>:0

Delete KSP-AVC and try again. If things works this time, send the log to LGG pinpoint this post too. [Assuming, of course, that you didn't did what blowfish think you did - forgot a old version of KSP-AVC on the installment after Steam had updated it!]

Edited by Lisias
Copy & Paste Failure - post edit (italics)

21 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I think giving up on MechJeb, or totally giving up on playing KSP will be the way to go for me... At least for now.

I am getting tired of explaining the same things in various thread. Your KSP install includes outdated mods. Those outdated mods references dll or classes that are not present in KSP anymore. On the load screen MJ call a KSP stock method that search all loaded dll for some specific class. That method generate an exception when it tries to search in the outdated dlls. MJ actually properly catch and logs the exception. The game then explode a bit later when the extension loader does his things to check which extensions are present.

If MJ is not present the extension loading may work for the simple reason that the needed class are found earlier by the call than when the same call is done my MJ (K being before M in the alphabet. Amazing right?) and does not reach the mod that is actually broken. So you reach the loading screen, launch your game, play and when you save you may get a similar problem but this time it will be silent and will just mess up (to stay polite) your save. 

TLDR; MJ is fine, your install is not. 

3 minutes ago, sarbian said:

TLDR; MJ is fine, your install is not. 

I believe this abbreviation stands for "Too Long; Didn’t Read", but if you read you would know that I am NOT blaming MJ in this thread.

And yes I have outdated mods as I explained, but the game loads fine without MJ. Are you saying all the outdated mods will cause this issue no matter what?

I know that MJ is fine and my installation is not. I am merely asking for help to pin point which mod(s) are causing this issue, hoping that it is logged in the files somewhere and someone will be able to decrypt it.

I understand the "No logs => No support" stand, that's why I uploaded logs but then it's "TLDR" =(

I don't know how to read log files, that's why I asked for help from all and your name is mentioned just for a simple confirmation about B9 Part Switch. You didn't have to tire yourself to explain dll's and classes, which I won't understand anyway.

That's why I gave up... Not only on installing mechjeb but on KSP... So you don't have to take it personally.

But anyways, still... Thanks for dropping by...

3 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

You didn't have to tire yourself to explain dll's and classes, which I won't understand anyway.

Honestly the explanation was not aimed at you :)

I don't get why you gave up on KSP. Remove all mods and then add only mods that have been explicitly updated for KSP 1.8. You might not get all the shiny parts but your game will work and will still be enjoyable. If you must play with some specific mods then downgrade your KSP to 1.7 (steam, right click on KSP, properties, Betas tab, 1.7.3 in the list) and install the 1.7 versions of the mods.

Right now there is no easy way to find out which mods is the culprit. Someone may want to write something that could detect preemptively the bad mod but  now I need to see other things than code after work so it won't be me.

1 minute ago, sarbian said:

Honestly the explanation was not aimed at you :)

I don't get why you gave up on KSP. Remove all mods and then add only mods that have been explicitly updated for KSP 1.8. You might not get all the shiny parts but your game will work and will still be enjoyable. If you must play with some specific mods then downgrade your KSP to 1.7 (steam, right click on KSP, properties, Betas tab, 1.7.3 in the list) and install the 1.7 versions of the mods.

Right now there is no easy way to find out which mods is the culprit. Someone may want to write something that could detect preemptively the bad mod but  now I need to see other things than code after work so it won't be me.

Thank you.

As I said I thought it would be clear in the logs, turns out it's not.

It's ok.

Thank you again.

For every complex problem. there's an explanation that is simple… AND WRONG.

I reproduced the problem described by @Problemless Mods Wanter. I downloaded KSP-AVC 1.4.0.2 (PRE-RELEASE - i.e., it's still on testing phase). And I got exactly the same Exception our fellow Kerbonaut found on its installment.

[LOG 18:56:08.950] KSP-AVC -> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/lisias/Workspaces/KSP/runtime/1.8.1/GameData/KSP-AVC/Plugins/Textures/
OverlayBackground.png".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonym
ous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00164] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6
>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Utils.GetTexture (System.String file, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x00016] in <d05e532f012b47999887e5d33b07d5c6>:0
[LOG 18:56:08.950] KSP-AVC -> LoadCfg

I MANAGED TO FIX THIS GLITCH.And it was pretty simple. I moved the Textures folder into the Plugins folder, as the GOD DAMNED EXCEPTION IS COMPLAINING ABOUT, DAMN IT!.

cd ~/Workspaces/KSP/runtime/1.8.1/GameData/KSP-AVC
mv Textures Plugins

And voilà, no more exceptions from KSP-AVC. @linuxgurugamer, I think this information interests you.

So, our friend @Problemless Mods Wanter was doing everything right. It was something else in need to be fixed, and this is perfectly OK - we publish things under a PRE-RELEASE tag for a reason, and this is one of them. I'm pretty sure LGG will be able to fix the problem promptly.

I don't known if this was borking MechJeb2 however, I didn't bored to verify - I have some more testing to be done for people that are really helping people around here the best they can, I'm not on the mood to waste my scarce free time.

Edited by Lisias
tyops as usulla…

Guys, I really don't want anybody to argue over this...

I'm already feeling uncomfortable for this issue taking people's time.
It's probably a noobity from my side.

But since @Lisias was so kind to still struggle with my issue, I gave it a one last try with both moving the textures folder and also tried deleting AVC all together, but both didn't solve.

@sarbian I will ask one and final favour from you (After all MJ is your mod) and then I'm gone for good;

Below is my current mod list (which has already been cut down to 1/3), would you be so kind to just take a real quick look at it and tell us (IF POSSIBLE) if anything so obvious is standing out, which might be causing an issue?

KSP: 1.8.1 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.2.2f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.8.1
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.9.3
Toolbar - 1.8.0.5
USI Tools - 1.3
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.4
Animated Decouplers - 1.4.2
Antenna Helper - 1.0.6
Aviation Lights - 4.1
B9 Animation Modules - 1.5.1
B9 Part Switch - 2.12.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.5.2
Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts - 1.6.1
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.5.8
CritterCrawlerRetractingVectoringEngines - 1.3.5.3
BAM - 1.3.3.3
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.12.4
Bluedog Design Bureau - 1.6.1
CameraTools - 1.13
CCTV - 1.1.6.4
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.2
Chatterer - 0.9.98.2686
Community Category Kit - 5.0
Community Resource Pack - 1.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.3.7
Community Trait Icons - 1.1.1
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.6
CryoEngines - 1.0.3
CryoTanks - 1.3
DangerAlerts - 1.4.5.2
DeployableEngines - 1.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.4.3
DockingCamKURS - 1.3.6.3
DynamicBatteryStorage - 2.0.6
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.4.0.2
EVA Struts - 1.0.6
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads - 6.6.2
Firespitter - 7.14
Flexible Docking - 1.0.8
FShangarExtender - 3.6
GroundConstruction - 2.4.1
HeatControl - 0.4.12
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.1.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 3.12.2.5
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.6.1
JSIPartUtilities - 0.5.0.3
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.21
KAS - 1.4.7097.36908
KerbalAtomics - 1.0.5
Kerbal Foundries - 2.2.6.16
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 4.1.15
HyperEdit - 1.5.8
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.23.7234.41726
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.0.2
KSPWheel - 0.15.13.32
Infernal Robotics - 3.0.2
Infernal Robotics Sequencer - 3.0
MarkIVSystem - 3.0.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.8.3
NearFutureConstruction - 1.1.4
NearFutureElectrical - 1.0.3
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.2.3
NearFutureProps - 0.6.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 1.1.1
NearFutureSolar - 1.0.5
NearFutureSpacecraft - 1.2.4
NEBULA_DecalsContinued - 0.1.2.2
Final Frontier - 1.7.0.3466
Orbital Colony - 1.0.2
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.6.10
Portrait Stats - 1.0.18
Precise Editor - 1.3.2
PWBFuelBalancerRestored - 0.2
QuickSearch - 3.3.0.4
RCS Build Aid - 0.10
RealChute - 1.4.7.5
AmpYear - 1.5.6
ReStock - 1.0
ReStockPlus - 1.0
US and Soviet Solar Panels Pack - 1.6
SmartParts - 1.9.14
Soundtrack Editor - 4.6
KSP_ColorPicker - 0.1.0.1
KSP_Log - 0.1.0.1
PartHighlighter - 0.1.0.1
SpaceTuxLibrary - 0.0.2.3
SpaceY Expanded - 1.4
SpaceY Lifters - 1.17.2
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.2.1
Surface Experiment Package - 2.7
Surface Mounted Lights - 1.14.7239.37956
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 7.9
Tracking Station Evolved - 1.0.5
TransparentPods - 1.2.3.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.11
TweakScale - 2.4.3.10
USI Core - 1.3
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 1.3
USI Exploration Pack - 1.3
Freight Transport Tech - 1.3
Karbonite - 1.3
Konstruction - 1.3
Malemute Rover - 1.3
MKS - 1.3
NuclearRockets - 1.3
USI Alcubierre Drive - 1.3
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.7.0.1
WildBlueTools - 1.74
Kerbal Actuators - 1.8
Deep Space Exploration Vessels - 3.4
Kerbal KIS Items - 2.1.6
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.20
Kerbal Actuators: More Servos - 1.0

after that I will ask moderators to lock or delete this thread.

3 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

Below is my current mod list (which has already been cut down to 1/3), would you be so kind to just take a real quick look at it and tell us (IF POSSIBLE) if anything so obvious is standing out, which might be causing an issue?

I already had a look in your logs and nothing stood out. But then I do not know each of those mods. My guess would be something adding some particle effect which would be the same problem there was with firespitter.

It s actually an interesting puzzle to solve but the timing is terrible on my side since I do not have that much time/will to look into it. But it is something I want to solve because there is nothing obvious in the log that can show the real origin of the problem and I would love to add something to ModuleManager that could detect this.

2 minutes ago, sarbian said:

I already had a look in your logs and nothing stood out. But then I do not know each of those mods. My guess would be something adding some particle effect which would be the same problem there was with firespitter.

It s actually an interesting puzzle to solve but the timing is terrible on my side since I do not have that much time/will to look into it. But it is something I want to solve because there is nothing obvious in the log that can show the real origin of the problem and I would love to add something to ModuleManager that could detect this.

Couldn't appreciate this answer enough.

Ok then thank you ALL so much. I won't post anymore!

I also won't ask the thread to be locked just yet, since you said yourself that you want to come back to this perhaps later.

17 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I'm already feeling uncomfortable for this issue taking people's time.
It's probably a noobity from my side.

People borks, dude. It's what we do better. :P

Who borks the borkers? — Watchkermen

When I bash my ass out to help someone here, I'm not doing it because I'm masochist or I don't have anything better to do - I do it because every time I help someone here, and explain what I'm doing, at least one guy (but usually a lot more) is watching it too. And learning.

And once people enough learn enough, I'll be not the only one knowing that thingy anymore - and so we will have more trained eyes able to detect that specific glitch. And sooner than later, a critical mass is reached and things starts to happen by their own: people will be able to help people without relying on a few enlightened to help them - most of the time, at least. :D 

This is the core principle of the Stone Soup Story: one smart guy came on a starving village, start to cook a magical stone soup, and as people gathers in curiosity, he start to ask for small things to make the soup better. And in the end, everybody got a very decent meal.

One or another always ends up giving more than others, but since in the end these guys would not be able to make the soup by themselves, it's still a win-win situation the same way.

It's what's should be happening here. Now you know a bit more than you knew yesterday. Ok, this didn't solved your core problem  - but, look, we now have one less problem to cope (you had two of them, and didn't knew about). And I'm pretty sure that if by some reason you stomp across a fellow Kerbonaut with a stack dump mentioning a File Not Found exception inside the DLL, a small light bulb will bright in your head and you will be able to tell the guy that something is missing or wrong on that specific Add'On, and both of you will be able to call the right guy to fix it - or, at the worst, call someone more experienced to help and giving the dude some work already done.

What I did may sound a lot of work (well, it is), but there're a lot of people that did the same in the past and this is the only reason I have KSP to play the way I want nowadays. I may not be able to give back to that guys directly, but I can do it to whoever is around today. And them we can keep this virtuous chain alive and ongoing.

You are an angel @Lisias, that's for sure...

I really really do admire your enthusiasm and I hope it never goes away.

I was just reading your answer in another, similar thread.

Honestly, I don't know how can you be in so many places, helping so many people at the same time, with the same quality...

You're like the particles described in Double-slit experiment in Quantum Physics....

But I guess that's your thing =D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.