Where are them ScanSat parts redesign at ?

Smalish

Hello everyone, my problem is all in the title, honestly.
I am not a fan of the appearance of the Scan Sat parts, they're not very stock-alike and quite boxy imho. It is however a wonderful mod and I need it in every of my campaigns.

Now before you tell me that there are no remakes of these parts, I call jack on that because I used to have such a mod in a previous install of the game, but I have no idea which one it was... Maybe it even was part of a mod for al I know. So what I'm asking you today is if you know where this is from ?

Thanks alot for your help !

picture as reference 

6825a5b2dd.png

630622b096.png

You're looking for Coatl Aerospace's ProbesPlus mod. That's a Xihe and a Landvermesser lander respectively, and there are alternative parts for each SCANsat ability in there too. Still works in v1.8(.1) as far as I can tell, it worked fine when I updated to v1.8 but I can't say for sure because I'm not currently using it in that version.

(edit: someone else ninja'd me to it)

You can also do it the hacky way and create a copy of the code from SCANsat (or the compatibility patch in probes plus) and point it at another part. Obviously you could do this for anything you like- a probe core, mystery goo container, solar panel, kerbal on EVA etc- but I'd say if you're going to go down that route pick a part that it would make (some) sense for. I did it for a rather obscure mod with a real satellite in it, then bumped up its pre-existing scanning to make it a dedicated mapping sat, which is more elegant than using a bunch of extra parts stapled on to a probe or ship.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

Ah this is it ! Thank you so much ! I figured I was missing some cool probes by the way in my new campaign. I figured it wasn't such an issue with all the new ones added by BDB but since there's much more than that Ill get it as well.
This is a great mod. 
I'm playing on 1.7 still so it's fine ;)

I just hope it won't messwith my savefile but it's just added parts so it should be okay.

Thank you again !

5 minutes ago, Smalish said:

I just hope it won't mess with my savefile but it's just added parts so it should be okay.

Generally speaking, adding parts won't wreck save files. Taking them out, on the other hand, almost certainly will!

Friendly reminder- make sure you include everything in the probes plus GameData folder as the Firespitter bit is needed to change the textures, as I found out the hard way...

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Friendly reminder- make sure you include everything in the probes plus GameData folder as the Firespitter bit is needed to change the textures, as I found out the hard way...

Well, I made a CKAN install, launching the game right now so we'll see i guess !

Thank you !

Edit : Well it didn't work. Ill try installing it manually instead and follow your advice !

Edited by Smalish
tried it ingame.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.